With Understanding comes Acceptance

I feel that this phrase is just so true. Especially these past few days, it became even more real to me. God has been showing me step by step how to build the unity of my cell group, how to unite people of different backgrounds together to pursue a common goal of loving God, loving people and loving the lost. At the end of the day, we stay unique, but somehow in the spiritual realm, we can be ONE.

It is not possible to be able to fully accept and love another person unless you know them and understand why they behave in a certain way. And I feel it's important to seek out that 'X-factor' in everyone so that we can love. Everyone has that 'X-factor'. It's only whether you take time to seek it out.

Getting to know someone deeper requires time and effort. There is a price to pay. But once a deeper understanding comes, acceptance will naturally follow. Everyone has flaws, and not one person is perfect. And to love a person is really to know who they really are and love them for who they are.


Alot of misunderstanding and miscommunications would occur when two people don't understand each other. Wondering about each others' motives, trying to second-guess one another. For what?? At the end of the day, we just become more confused. Because to understand someone better, communication must take place. It sounds technical, but yet very true. Without communication, a common understanding cannot be established. Not to mention acceptance in the least.

People who don't understand me or take time to really know me sometimes don't know why I behave in a certain way. Actually I am a very normal girl. Normal in every sense. I just love God the best I know how. I just try to love my family, my members and friends the best I know how. I just listen and give advice the best I know how. True and sure enough, there are many areas I need to improve on. Doesn't everyone? But I know I am a good girl in God's eyes because I really try my very best. People who only know me on the surface usually think that I am a happy-go-lucky girl or a very shy and quiet girl (depending on when they found me), but I am really more than that. I can be a faithful and good friend as well. To my members: Sure, I am your CGL. But more than that, I am your friend. I may be busy, but I really hope and try my best to be there for you in trying situations, in difficult times. And there's nothing better than knowing that you trust me enough to confide in me, and I can be there for you.

I am proud of my friends who are willing to take the risk to step out boldly and attempt to understand others better. It's not always an easy or convenient thing to do. But, they have done it. And I believe with the amount of effort put in, God will bring the friendship to another level.

Friends must be understood and accepted. If you haven't been doing so, why don't you take some time to seek out those friends of yours whom you don't really understand? Invest the time and effort and you'll find that you will have friends who will stick to you forever through thick and thin.

Comments

Popular Posts