Busy week!

It's gonna be a busy week for me this week!

First of all, it's convocation week! Many of my members are having their convocations this week and next and next next... haha... I'm going to try my best to attend as many as I can. To me, convocation is a very important event. I know many people do not agree. But when I had my convocation, it was super important to me, because I know it's something my parents had been looking forward to for many years. It's a time I can let my parents feel so proud of me. : )

I remember when I was in Sec 4, taking my O'levels, I was pondering over the issue of whether I should go JC or Poly. Cos during that time, it's quite a popular thing to go Poly.. haha... some sort of trend or fashion. Then I asked my parents about it. And my mum said something that made me decide to go to JC.. she said if I don't go to JC, I would never know whether I can make it to the University. Even if I cannot make it ultimately to the University, so be it. At least I tried. My dad, as usual, told me he trusted me to make the right choice, but it's always good to aim for the higher one. So, it settled it for me. I decided to go JC with the hope to make it to the University.

And I did make it to the University. To the only course of study I wanted, somemore. : ) So, you can imagine, my convocation was something that was so significant and important to me. To my parents who never made it to the University and cannot even speak english, I guess I am fulfilling a dream they always had. And they finally can say to their relatives, "My daughter is a graduate!" haha... I wanted my parents to feel happy, most of all, on my convocation. To me, that's more important than my own happiness. Afterall, it's only a ceremony to me. : )

And it's definitely not easy to complete this race well. So, yeh, I am so proud of all my members who made it! The journey has only just started!

Then I'm taking two cell groups this week.. Bruce is going for his reservist this week, so I'm covering for him. And it's gonna be at Gary & Meiling's new house- Housi ! I'm sure the 'sound system' will be very good! : )

Comments

Popular Posts