Fear Not, For I am With You...

Frankly speaking, I was feeling rather afraid these past few days. Happy as I am going to step into my full time ministry soon. Yet, in my heart, there are still questions and apprehensions as to whether I can handle the work. And much as I tell myself that I can do it, somehow there is still some nervousness in my heart and some uncertainties as to what to expect.

Had a great time of worship in the presence of God last nite at leaders' meeting. It was refreshing to the soul and spirit. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. And when Pst called me out to pray for me, she just said simply 'Fear Not, Fear Not, Fear Not, For I am with you.' And immediately I started to cry & fell under the power of God. What a timely word indeed. Simple as it may sound, but exactly what I needed.

The word kept ringing in my head since last night. I shared with Isaiah how wonderful it is of God to reveal to me a rhema when I needed it most. It was like a stabiliser which helped calm me down. And I know this is gonna be the word that will see me through trying times and even difficult times in my Ministry. If God is with me, why should I even be afraid? : )

* * * * * *
Life is really fragile. Yesterday night Pst said that people who dare to commit suicide are courageous people. And I totally agree with her. Not to glorify people who actaully dare to commit suicide, but the fact remains that I myself has never found the courage to do it, no matter how dire my circumstances were.
People who actually have suicidal thoughts must be going through a turmoil in their hearts. I have been in situations so trapped and so bad that I find it hard to breathe and every blink of my eye brings hot tears down my cheeks. Yet, even those times when I felt like ending it all, I never once really felt that I meant it.
Recently, I had the experience of counseling one such person. It was a painful process for me. Heartache and pain. I don't even know the person. Yet, my heart went out to the person. What do you say to someone who has come to the conclusion that 'even though I know I will go to hell if I kill myself, I will still do it because it's less painful to be in hell than remain on earth' ?
Life is precious. God gave it to us. Jesus redeemed it back for us. How can we treat it so carelessly, thinking that we're better off dead? But this is not to say I do not understand why that person still thinks about it. Because I do know when one is driven to the walls, they either crash right into it and perish, or jumps over it.
I am glad the person has jumped over the wall. That yes, it is courageous to want to die. But it is even more courageous if we choose to live on no matter how hard it is.
Treasure life. It is God's gift for us.

Comments

Popular Posts