Love amazes

I think love is really a powerful and amazing thing. As I look around me, I am always amazed at what love has done to my friends, my family and those who are dear to me. Even for myself, love has made drastic changes in my life, and shaped me to be who I am today.

I am not just talking about all kinds of love. I am talking about love for the opposite gender. The power of it cannot be understated.

Just now I had a conversation with Isaiah about something that happened in the past. It brought back some memories about our love. There was much pain right at the beginning, not because we were trying to make the relationship work, or because there was anything wrong with Isaiah. The problem was mainly because of my character and personality.

I was an insecure girl who cries all the time over something and nothing. I often felt jealous and unhappy, yet tremendously happy at the same time. It was mixed feelings and very ironic and so many times I cried silently in the MRT train going towards Pasir Ris late at night. Thank God usually the trains were very deserted by then, otherwise I would have created much commotion. Now as I think about those days, I wonder how I went through it all. All the heartaches and pain, they all felt so unreal now.

Thank God for His grace that brought us through those times. I remember writing in my ‘secret book’ late in the nights, with tears streaming down my cheeks. Now when I read back those entries, I feel so silly, yet fully understand why I wrote those things. Haha…

I guess there was a reason why I had to go through that period of my life. It made me treasure Isaiah even more and have a firm realization that he is the only love of my life on this earth. And it made me understand much clearer too, how love can really make people do silly things, or think weirdly, or act funnily.

As I look at how some of my friends are facing this thing called love, I am amazed, yet un-amazed at the same time. Because I do know the power of it. I guess I can only say, it will pass away someday, and perhaps when that day comes, everything will become much clearer, why you had to go that way. Somehow, you will understand too. Like me.

Comments

.......perhaps when that day comes, everything will become much clearer, why you had to go that way.......

Amen.
Kristie Wong said…
yeah.. i defintitely agree.... being in love, sometimes when u look back, u wil find some things that we do are kinda of silly... but who cares... hehehe..

so blessed to have u and bro isaiah as the role model couple.... :-)

Popular Posts