Guard Your Calling Jealously

Recently something happened around me that made me have a deeper appreciation of my calling and the privilege I have to serve as a church staff. All human beings alike, we all get too comfortable when we stay in a zone for too long. I agree with what Pst Derek said that day in the office. Pst Kong never allows himself or the church to stay in the comfort zone for too long because it will stagnate us. Things can go terribly wrong when we stagnate & don't guard our calling jealously.

It is so easy to think that everything is so manageable after we have been doing it for so long. Sometimes, we forget that whatever we have is given by God and if God wills, He can allow it to be taken away anytime. Serving God is a privilege. Serving God full time is even a greater privilege that God has given to me. I want to remind myself that every single day.

Must we wait for some things to happen before we will wake up? Sadly, but most of the time, yes. We seldom will think to ourselves one fine day that, "Oh ya, I got to cherish my calling & keep moving forward, man. Otherwise I will stagnate."

For things we do not guard & cherish, we may lose it one day.

Comments

Popular Posts