Total Madness

The weekend that just passed can be described by the title of this entry - TOTAL MADNESS.

First of all, for the church as a whole, there were several events going on concurrently. Let's see: The last weekend was our -

> Membership Promotion Day
> Water Baptism Day
> Chinese Nationals Fellowship
> Marriage Seminar Series
> Sefer Festival & Israeli Exhibition 06

On top of that, it was my CG's outreach on Sat.

Talking about Sat's outreach, i nearly went mad that day! Haha.. don't worry, I am still sane now, but that day was really total madness for me. Because CG was supposed to start at Gerald's place at Redhill, I had to prepare everything for Joey & myself in the morning and get her ready to leave the house. At the same time, I had to collect updated service forecasts from my leaders and submit to pastor by 1pm. I was literally running in my house packing everything.

When I finally can leave the house, I realised that there was no way I could leave the house carrying joey and my haversack at the same time because it was way way too heavy. Frankly speaking, I wanted so much to scream!

So I had to bring my stroller along & hang my haversack, which contains my laptop & joey's neccessities,on the stroller. Which also means I could not take the feeder bus and had to push the stroller all the way to the MRT station. By the time I reached the station, both Joey & I were drenched in sweat. Thank God Joey was a good baby. She slept throughout the trip to Redhill.

The moment I reached Gerald's place, it was near my deadline to submit the forecast and Joey's feeding time. Thank God Xuan and Kristie were already at Gerald's place, so I had to ask them to help me set up my laptop & collect the forecasts while I feed Joey. Phew! Thank God for people who help!

Above all the mad rush here & there, I also got countless phonecalls from everyone concerning everything that was happening over the weekend.

"Hey, so-and-so has not arrived to take attendance for membership promotion!"
"Urgent, klessis.. I can't contact the manpower for the Sefer Fest.. how??"
"Your water bap candidate forgot to bring her form! And the NRIC no. is wrong!"
"Response is overwhelming for Chinese Nationals Fellowship! Update forecasts again!"

Sounds crazy? I thought so.

In any case, finally Sunday evening came and I am now safe & sound typing away on my laptop on a lazy Monday afternoon. Frankly speaking, throughout this weekend, there were many times I wanted to scream out loud because the pressure was just so overwhelming. I even told Isaiah last night that throughout the whole weekend, I was either working or pacifying joey. Haha..

But I know many of you are praying for me, so I actually found strength to go through it. Even though it was challenging, but I am glad that each time a negative thought came into my mind, there was a positive assurance to counter it in my mind almost immediately. Thank God for His grace.

I will get better at handling stress. Amen.

Comments

KennethTeo said…
Here's a 21 - gun salute to our best female fire-fighter. "
Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!"" Bang!""
sis kless......... wat a timely entry.... me now at work...... just feel like crying cos of stress! so many problems to solve....... all unnecessary if someone can take initiative or be wiser! want to scream out loud!
as i sat at my desk, i thought maybe i should read blog before i proceed to do my work........ at least to calm my spirit down.... indeed...... i feel much better.
Mummy Kless said…
wooo... xiaowei, hope it didn't add on to your stress after hearing all my stress!! haha..

we'll have a good day at work today!!
Ng Yashi said…
hee yah it does sound like an amount of work i cannot handle. haahah ...God is really expanding your capacity. Now when i look at the assignments that i have to complete, i feel so much better liao .thanks for an indirectly encouraging entry hehee
Mummy Kless said…
Estee... you ah.. =P

Popular Posts