20 Wonderful Years

City Harvest Church celebrates its 20th anniversary today.

Picture1

20 glorious and wonderful years. Seriously, how many things in this world actually go on for 20 years and get stronger with each passing year? Today is a great time for me to pay tribute to this church I call my home for the last 7 years.

Joining City Harvest Church has been one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. In the last 7 years, I grew so much in my spiritual walk with God, and through different experiences, God built my faith & trust in Him. I was trained to be a helper, then a cell group leader, and subsequently, God fulfilled my dream of serving Him full-time and I became a staff in CHC as a zone secretary. What God has done for me far exceeded my expectations and what I have ever tried to imagine.

I love administration and all I ever wanted to do ever since I became a Christian was to become a full-time staff in church as an administrator. Prior to moving on to CHC, I was given a chance to go on staff, but I felt it was not what God wanted me to do at that time, so I rejected the offer. On hindsight, if I had accepted the offer then, I doubt I would ever move out of my previous church to join CHC. It was all part of God’s perfect timing.

I always consider it a great privilege to be able to be a staff in City Harvest Church - the biggest church in Singapore. No doubt the challenges were great, and I have to work very long hours on some days, I have enjoyed myself tremendously in the last 3 years. It is indeed a great honor to be able to serve in this great church. I feel so proud that I am a part of all that God is doing in this generation. I love the energy and faith level in my church!

Being the biggest church in town with 27,000 membership, City Harvest Church has no doubt been cast in the limelight on many occasions. Some are good press, some are bad press. But I am so proud to say that being a member of this congregation and a staff of this organization, I know that my church is a church that follows the vision of God closely and is undoubtedly greatly blessed by God. Outsiders can criticize all they like, but only those who are from within the church knows what’s going on. Pastor Kong is a most amazing Pastor. He does not conform because of social pressure, and he is never afraid to look controversies directly in their faces. He advocates radical belief in biblical truths and teaches wholeheartedly about staying relevant in this generation. Because of his leadership, God has brought the church from breakthroughs to breakthroughs. We are such a blessed people.

In this church, I have learnt three main things that became major turning points for me as a person:

1) I learnt that God wants me to be PROSPEROUS and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being rich.

I grew up thinking that being poor is the holy & right way to go as a Christian. How wrong I was! My God definitely wants me to have more than enough! Financial blessing is the most basic level of blessings from God. This came as a totally liberating revelation to me.

2) I learnt that God is an excellent God and therefore, I must have a SPIRIT OF EXCELLENCE in everything I do.

This has kind of become the foundation of everything I do and I am so convicted about it. In everything I do, I want to do my best and show excellence because excellence describe who my God is. Nothing about God is mediocre and so, there’s no way I am going to be mediocre or average. No way at all.

3) I learnt that God wants me to WORK HARD.

Instead of subscribing to the doctrine that ‘Jesus is coming back soon, thus I should forget about working hard, and just wait around for Him to come back’, I learnt that what God really wants is for me to work hard at what I do. Laziness is something that God detests. Of course, it’s not about forsaking & sacrificing everything else for work, but while balancing every aspect in life, I got to work hard and not be a lazy person.

I believe there is a specific church that every person is called to belong to. For me, I believe I am called to be a City Harvester. It has been a most wonderful journey. Thank God for planting me here. :)

Congratulations City Harvest Church! This is yet the beginning for us. God has so much more in store for us as a church. Amen!

Comments

Popular Posts