My Church Rocks!
It’s my church – City Harvest Church’s 20th Anniversary Celebration service today, and I say it again – I’m so glad I am a part of this great church.
Limited print edition of Harvest Times Anniversary Commemorative Issue
The first service started at 9am and when I reached at 8am, the nursery was almost fully packed! Thank God I managed to get an available Moses Basket, and Baby Jayne settled comfortably in it for the next few hours. The first service was more like a thanksgiving memorial service where we thanked God for what He has done in the last 20 years and we prayed for God to continue blessing us and prospering us as a church in the coming years. The atmosphere was just filled with a sweet aroma of gratitude. Indeed, God has brought City Harvest Church so far.
It was during the 2nd service that I lost it quite a few times. I felt so very touched that I cried uncontrollably. The whole service was just so filled with a strong presence of God, and I don’t think anyone can deny how real our God is in that place.
I was touched when Pst Kong’s dad shared about how he feels about his son and what he has accomplished. I was touched when Auntie Mag (Pst Ming’s mum) shared about her first Sunday in church and how the presence of God touched her tremendously. Her voice quivered when she spoke and it’s just amazing how something that happened so long ago can still touch hearts whenever we recall it. I was touched when Pst Kong honored his senior Pastor – Canon James Wong (as he had done so many times before) and said how this church is the fruit of his ministry and he wouldn’t be there if not for Canon. I was touched when Pst Kong asked the whole church to pray for Baby Janelle. I was touched when the pioneers of the church shared about how they were blessed by Pst Kong and how they grew under his discipleship & mentorship. I was touched to hear the many true stories about how they turned rags into riches. I was touched to hear Pst Kevin Loo share his testimony of how CHCKL grew, and how Pst Kong encouraged him when he was discouraged by the departure of one of his staff. I was especially touched when Sun said those heartfelt words to Pst Kong, and although we hear bits and pieces of how misunderstood they were by many people, and how much criticism they had to endure to pursue the call of God, I don’t think anyone can really understand the depth of what they went through and are still facing today. The sacrifices they made are just tremendous.
All in all, it was a memorable anniversary celebration service today, and even though I spent all of the 5+ hours in the super noisy & crowded nursery, the presence of God was undeniable. I grew in my respect for Pst Kong undoubtedly, and I grew in my gratitude towards God for bringing me to this big family. I’ve only been in this church for 7 years and I feel so touched. I can’t imagine how it’s like for those who has been through thick & thin with this church from the beginning till now. I can’t even imagine how emotional it must be for Pst Kong and Sun. This church is the fruit of their labor, and a result of their obedience to the voice of God.
Thank you Jesus for this wonderful church and for the past 20 years. Greater years are ahead. :)
Comments