Interesting Articles

I was reading Her World magazine and came across these 2 interesting articles which I thought of sharing with you. I tried relating it to my workplace and thought they actually do make a lot of sense. :)

WHAT YOUR DESK SAYS ABOUT YOU

21Nov 001

1) Post-It Notes

If these reminders are in a prime position, like the bottom of your computer screen, they show you’re efficient and keep the projects that are pending close to you so you can deal with them quickly.

2) Cookies & Candy

A well-placed jar of snacks shows that you’re sociable and welcome colleagues stopping by your desk.

3) Greenery

Healthy plants indicate that you’re a conscientious and dedicated worker. Dead plants? You’re overwhelmed by work or…. you just have black thumbs!

4) Awards

Well-mounted certificates and awards mean you want everyone to acknowledge your achievements. Those kept in a personal space serve more as a daily self-esteem booster.

5) Cards, Photos & Soft Toys

If openly displayed, you’re a sociable and well-liked individual. A private ‘stash’ is a reminder of your support system at work.

6) Quirky Stuff

Anything unexpected and different, like original artwork or vintage postcards, shows that you’re creative and an independent worker.

7) Books

Good fiction or language books signal intelligence and the desire to learn.

Which is you? :)

* * *

10 THINGS YOUR BOSS HATES ABOUT YOU….

21Nov 002 

  1. Non-work phone chatting
  2. Being late for work or leaving the office early without giving notice
  3. Saying ‘I don’t know how that got there’ or blaming someone else when asked about a mistake
  4. repeated mistakes despite receiving appropriate training
  5. Carelessness or lack of attention to details
  6. Keeping mum if unclear instructions are given
  7. Answering a question with ‘I don’t know’ rather than trying to find a solution on your own first
  8. Bad time management
  9. Being argumentative or complaining excessively
  10. Dishonesty

I hope none of the above applies to you! =D

Comments

Popular Posts