Papa Palheta Specialty Coffee

Thanks to Tristan’s recommendation, we visited a specialty coffee place today opened by his ex-classmate. What’s special about this place is that it does not sell coffee like Starbucks does, but they sell all kinds of coffee beans from all over the world. You can drink their coffee here as well, and you do not need to pay for it - They call it coffee tasting. After tasting their coffee, you can choose to buy any of their coffee beans or leave them a tip in a container at the door. I think this is such a cool concept and speaks well of the owners’ passion for coffee!

The best thing about the place is the ambience. I love how there is an open-air compound and an indoors cosy room.

This is right at the entrance. I know, looks just like what you will see if you are standing in front of Changi Prison. =P

3Jan 063

Don’t you just love greens? They make everything look so serene and peaceful.

3Jan 061

3Jan 024

The outdoor seating area – very exclusive and has a nostalgic feel to it.

3Jan 025

Coffee beans say ‘Hi!’

3Jan 027

3Jan 026

3Jan 029

3Jan 030

The indoors coffee tasting room feels like a living room in a Peranakan house. Lots of retro paraphernalia.

3Jan 034

3Jan 033

There are very limited seating inside the Coffee Tasting Room as well, but it’s private and cosy.

3Jan 038

3Jan 037

3Jan 048

3Jan 045

3Jan 047

3Jan 042

This is my coffee. The people here are very nice & helpful. All I said was I wanted a coffee with no milk, and they got me a Long Black. For Tristan who does not drink coffee often, they recommended a coffee which is milder, probably got to do with the selection of coffee beans. If you seriously do not know what you want, they will ask some simple questions, then make a brew for you accordingly to your preferences. Very cool. And my coffee was very strong, just the way I like it. =)

 3Jan 051

For Joey, they made her a Babyccino – Warm milk with foam and cocoa powder & marshmallows.

3Jan 052

Joey loved it, and drank everything in one gulp. =D

3Jan 055

3Jan 058

3Jan 056

3Jan 057

I loved how casual the whole place is, and I will definitely be back again another day!

3Jan 036

This is definitely the place for coffee-lovers. If you love good coffee in a cosy place, you have to visit this place!

Papa Palheta is located at:

140 Bukit Timah Road

Singapore 229840

Comments

Unknown said…
Looks good!!! I love my coffee too.

Ok, time for me to get my Yakun now too. :P

Popular Posts