Womanhood is Worth Celebrating!

It’s the truth: I love being a woman and I don’t envy my man. Haha!

I’ve always loved the fact that I can indulge in pretty clothes, shoes, bags, cosmetics.. and coo over really cute stuffs like babies, beautiful notebooks and stationeries, and NOT look like a sissy. Guys typically have to look strong and macho most of the time (And that’s boring). Plus the fact that I get to experience pregnancy and childbirth, I totally think that being a woman is awesome.

There are many amazing women around me – My mother and mother-in-law are typical Chinese women who gave their all for their families and are living the most out of their lives now that their kids are all grown up. I have women friends who went through difficult pregnancies, childbirth and some even had to cope with babies who fell sick or had other complications. Every woman I know have their own stories that made them the strong people they are today.

My friend, Theresa, had survived through the toughest days of her lives as she battled with breast cancer, yet with the most amazingly positive attitude and resilience I’ve ever seen in anyone. She started blogging during her fight with the cancer, and I never failed to be inspired by every piece she wrote. Recently, she wrote an article on ‘10 Reasons Why I Love Being A Woman’ and I think you should go read it, especially if you are a woman!

image

Great Eastern recently launched an online campaign where you can leave your pledge on why it’s great to be a woman, and I think it’s such a meaningful thing to do. It’s important to rejoice in who we are! Check out their website: www.itsgreattobeawoman.com, and leave your pledge. For every pledge, Great Eastern will donate $1 to the Breast Cancer Foundation. A bonus is that you could well win for yourself an IPAD! Hop over to Theresa’s blog to read more about it now, or you can go straight to the website to leave your pledge!

Smile

Comments

Popular Posts