Momentum..

how to get moving? how to grow? how to escalate into exponential expansion?

these are the questions that I keep asking myself ever since the day I became a cell group leader. I have had terrible experiences before in my previous church.. the days where growth cannot be seen, everyday in maintenance mode, and living each day wondering if the group I am in will ever grow. And it's those memories and experiences that make it really difficult for me to start thinking growth. Everytime I ask myself when will new people come into my cell group, I get thoughts telling myself that it's too difficult, almost impossible. Yet, I know that if I don't change my thinking, and break free from my past, I will never experience the true blessings of God, and His ultimate plan for me to expand and grow.

So, I forced myself to think positive thoughts everyday. Every single day, I tell myself that I can be a strong cell group leader. My group will grow. It's not my will, but God's will be done. Not by my own strength, but by the power of God. Promotion comes from God....

The principles of God will never change. The mind of a human being can bring about the positive change that we always crave for. Slowly, bit by bit, I start to see changes in my cell group... the members are starting to bring friends in, and those friend stay on.... the irregulars started to become regulars.... this is what I call - momentum....

Now, every week, I have a higher expectation because I cannot imagine not having any new friends join us for service. And with this expectation, coupled with the new faith that God placed within me, I know that all things are possible. I can grow. My cell group can grow. I look forward to multiplication day. Although I am still a distance away from multiplication now, at least I have a vision ahead of me. Thank God for the momentum that He pumped into my life...

Comments

Anonymous said…
hi,

here is another blogging option if you're sick of blogger. you can change the site colors at the bottom of the home page. there are 18 different colors. you'll also get more feedback on your entries becuase it's community based.

--- www.blogladder.com ---

i ask myself those questions but not in a religious sense.

Popular Posts