Called to...... SALVATION

This whole week has been just so so so blessed and power packed because Rev Ulf Ekman was preaching throughout the weekday nights and in every weekend English service... POWERFUL! The Word of God truly does marvellous things, beyond my imagination. Once again, I feel so stirred up in my spirit because the tangible presence of God in my life is just so hard to describe. And I felt that my heart has grown more tender for God. I just pray that my heart remains soft and tender for God to touch.

I went for the 2pm service today, just in time to catch Rev Ulf's last sermon in our church for this trip, and it was simply wonderful! Throughout the weekend, he had been preaching on the 'calling of God' on our lives.. and for those who know me, my name really means 'called to salvation', so when Pst Ulf kept repeating 'called to salvation, called to salvation'... I just felt so excited to want to hear what he's going to say.. ha..

And truly, everyone of us has a divine calling upon our lives. The most basic one is of cos the call to salvation. After that, God will continue to call us to do great things for Him. Something that Pst Ulf said really struck my heart. He said that sometimes when we find that we are entering from good to bad periods, it is when God is preparing us to move into His calling. There've been times in my life when I realised that after I get more fervent for the Lord, things start to get bad, and go downslope.. seems like nothing is going right.. and I can't help but wonder how come when I put my heart and soul into my Father's business, things just start to turn for the worse, and I always ask God to help me, because the stress is too great for me.. too many new demands and expectations on me from every possible direction and angle.

Pst Ulf said that if we give up during this period of time, we may never truly move into our calling. But if we persevere right to the end, we'll experience the freedom and joy beyond our imagination. Things may look bad now, but it's going to pass over. God's calling on our lives will be revealed at the end of the tunnel. What a wonderful truth! As I listened to Pst Ulf, many things in the past just came back to me, and I realised that before I hit a breakthrough point in my life, there always seemed to be a dark period when I had to plough through, and persevere.. but each time, God showed me what a faithful God He is. He never lets me down. This is the God that I serve. Hallelujah!

Comments

Popular Posts