Pressure, anyone?

I have been pondering about the issue of pressure recently. How a person reacts under pressure shows the condition of that person's heart. Simply put, there can only be two reactions - either face it and do it well, or run away from the problem. The first is of cos the most desirable, because it shows that even in times of pressure, you don't give up and just drop the ball like that. But sadly, most people, I would say, would give up in times of intense pressure. Some people crack, others will crumble & fall, and there's a handful who will just tell lies or make up some funny story to get their way out of the problem.

Lying is of course the easiest way to get out of your problem because it makes you look good and yet you don't have to go the extra mile to complete the task. But yet, it's undeniably the most horrendous and low-class way. It just shows how much of a coward you are. It shows that you dare to do something wrong, but dare not own up to the consequences. It shows that you have zero integrity.

Some of the things happening around me makes me feel sad. Not that I don't understand why some people do things like that. I know fully well. I am not a perfect person myself. I makes mistakes too, and there are times I choose to run away. But each time, I tell myself - 'No more of such nonsense'. And I just pick up from there. If we choose to run away from our situations all the time, we can never become the person God wants us to become. We will forever be the clay in the Maker's Hand, going through the moulding process all the time, and never really making it to become a beautiful vessel.

Let's be people who dare face up to the pressures in life, and stop being a coward anymore.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Indeed pressures in life are inevitable and really God uses such pressures in life to mould us!! Hang in there... God will send u godly friends to assist you out of this.

Popular Posts