Father, help them for they do not know

Last night when I was chatting with nigel over msn, I just felt so overwhelmed. Some of the things he told me made me so very sad.

There were some people I grew up with and who co-laboured alongside with me in my previous church, but are now no longer walking right before God. There are people who are dear to me, but no longer feel the presence of God or the need to worship Him. There are some others who used to be on fire for God, but now living a life of supposedly more freedom, but actually a bondage. Some consciences were seared. They don't feel the touch of God anymore.

And as he was telling me all those, I just started to tear. Can't help it. There is this sadness that cannot be explained. Many times, I ask myself. Is it so difficult to stay faithful to Jesus Christ? Is it that high a price to pay? Is it not worth it? While I may be convicted about serving God all my life, I realise many people will eventually choose not to follow Him anymore. It makes me all the more sadder because those people are so dear to me. People I hope to live to eternity with in heaven.

Talking about consciences that are seared. These people no longer feel the conviction even though they are far away from God. He emphasized, "The problem is i dun even feel there's anything bad about my lifestyle now. That's the problem!". Ha.. suddenly felt like laughing. If only he knew what he is talking about. At the end of the conversation, he just said.. pls just keep praying for me. And I told him tearfully, I believe you will come back. You will.

There is no way God can be forced on anyone. If one chooses to live a life independent of God, that's what he or she will get. Separated from God? Yah, that's it.

I just pray that God will touch their hearts. Don't rebel against God anymore. Turn back to Him and start serving Him and experiencing Him all over again. At the end of the day, you will realise that although the world offers you many excitement and fun, it's Jesus who will can truly satisfy. If I ask anyone who's not in Jesus right now but used to be, I am sure they all agree that there is now a hole that cannot be filled, if they are honest with themselves. Only Jesus can fill the emptiness within our lives, that's a truth that will set us free. Only Jesus can. And it's all that matters.

After I read annie's blog about making a decision to stand up for God, I felt happy. Cos I know she will not be shortchanged. All the more, God will honour her infront of people and use her in a mighty way because she chose the best portion. And I am so happy and excited for the things she will see and experience in this rich life.

Oh well, life's like that. There are people who disappoint you, make you sad... but there are others that God puts there to encourage you to keep running, keep running, keep running... Thank you, Jesus. You are my bestest friend. : )

Comments

Serene said…
Just saw ur blog on this topic... i guess i know how u felt. afterall they are the pple who we grew up with. No doubts we will feel the pain. But there are times whereby I can somehow feel for them too... as gradually we grow up, the cares of this world and the "freedom" that we can get sometimes get so attractive that we find church a burden. I dunno if we are talking abt the same pple, but frankly speaking... perhaps due to the nature or the lifestyle we used to have, now the new environment whereby everything is about accountability... many of them felt it as a burden.
I believe there is no such thing as once saved, always saved... this fact just strengthens itself as we grow day by day in the House of God... it is always such a conscious effort whereby we have to make in order to stay on the right path with Jesus. Once we lose that power to constantly remind ourselves to make that effort, slowly but surely one will start to slide away...
But I truly believe deep down in their heart, there is a longing for God which seems to be covered by the pleasures of this world...
Anonymous said…
yah, i agree with you.. it's never a 'once saved, always saved' theory. But still the heartache is there. You should know who I am talking about.. Let's keep them in prayers, shall we? Let's pray that nothing's too late.
Serene said…
sometimes to backslide is just a easy thing... sometimes it is just a slight laziness to do some things, to attend svc or cg... that's the triggering point... perhaps as work gets overwhelming and when physically we are drained out, it becomes so easy to give the excuse to backslide. Must really guard my heart against that... sometimes working in the world, such "temptations" can get rather seductive!

Popular Posts