It's heart-warming..

The moment I chose to believe in Jesus and to give my whole life to Him, I knew it was not going to be an easy path. But I guess I started off much easier than most people, because at least my parents did not object to me going to church. Although they still nag now & then on how much time I devote to church activities.. ha.. But at least it was one less hurdle in my path. Yet, many times, I realise that running after Jesus is not easy, more often than not, a tough run. What does it take to lay down my life for Jesus? It really means to deny myself, deny my own desires and be humble for God's use. This does not mean that I live a miserable life. Infact, quite on the contrary, there has never been more satisfaction and fulfilment in my life until Jesus came into my life. The joy and peace that comes along with serving God and knowing that He is with me every step of the way is overwhelming.

Thank God, I never really understood what loneliness means. Cos I am always surrounded by people who love me, dote on me, and shower blessings on me. Above that, I know I am under the divine protection of God. That He is always with me, is more than enough. It gives me the strength to carry on, no matter how tough the road ahead of me is.

I see the people around me going through struggles and difficulties simply because they made the decision to follow Jesus and lay down their lives for God. Of course, the joy and happiness that comes along with it is indescribable, and I believe this is the best time of their lives yet. Trials and tribulations will come, that's what the bible says. But God gives us the strength to go through it all. I draw inspiration and courage from these people around me. One of them is annie. She is brave and courageous. I know the path to follow Jesus is not an easy one for her. She needs to overcome challenges, both mentally and emotionally, but the most important thing is that she made that decision, even though it was not a convenient one. I truly believe if that touches me, it touches the heart of Jesus even much more. And I know God is going to use her mightily. Yet, she got to fight this fight strongly and persevere on. At the end of the tunnel, there is always a bright light waiting...

It's people like that who constantly reminded me to keep on my toes, continue to love God even more, because He is truly worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts