New Direction?

Is it a new direction that God is giving me? I really don't know.

After the Benny Hinn crusade, I felt that I have a fresh understanding of what the presence of God is, and I can feel Him more tangibly than before. Could be because I can sense better now, or could be the power of God is really stronger upon my life than before. Frankly, I don't know. But I really have a new appreciation for the Holy Spirit now. And I sort of understand now what the psalm means when King David prayed for the Holy Spirit never to be cast out of his life. God is truly an amazing God. Try as I might, I just cannot explain that feeling.

Yesterday at Leaders' Meeting, the Holy Spirit moved powerfully.

Pastor called me out to pray for me, and spoke many things into my life. The first time, she said God wants me to hold on to my calling and He has a time to bring my dream to pass, but I must wait somemore. He will surely bring it to pass, but I got to be patient and not give up. And then I was slain by the Holy Spirit.

Immediately, Pastor told the leaders to pick me up. The power of God was very strong, and I felt very weak under the power. Then she said again that God wants me to take away the limitation in my mind that I will only be good in administration because He has a much greater calling and purpose for my life, and administration is only a stepping stone. And I got slain a second time.

Then Pastor wanted me to stand up again. By now, I already feel so weak that I cannot even stand still, and had to hold on to one of the leaders for support. And Pastor said again that God says from today onwards, I will do less administration because He wants me to be a good counselor and discipler and He will give me the wisdom to counsel many people. And then I fell under the power of God the third time....

There are things I don't understand. Many things that God has spoken, I don't know and don't understand how they are happening. But it's true that I've always thought that administration is my strength and I am called to do that all my life. This is a limitation I have placed on myself and God knows it. When Pastor asked me if I intend to go towards pastoral, I had said no. Because I really think God wants to use me in administration. It must be God reminding me that I should not put a limit on what He can do in my life. Afterall, our God is a God who's all-powerful - there's nothing He cannot do. The counselor part took me by surprise really. Never crossed my mind before. Sure there were lots of people who have told me before that after talking to me about their problems, they feel better and less burdened. But I never thought it is a direction I am moving towards. Yet, I know if it's God, He will show me how to do it. I don't need to worry about a single thing.

The entire experience humbles me. There is this sudden realisation that I am so small, yet God who is so so so so big, has a wonderful plan for me. Beyond my own understanding and imagination. But, isn't our God like tat? His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. I yield my life to God and leave it to Him to use me in any way He wants to. I submit every thought and thinking into His Hands. For with God, nothing is impossible.

Comments

Popular Posts