Two Extremes?

Sometimes, I feel that I have a split personality.

At times, I feel very energetic and happy when I am working, and I work real hard. Other times, I feel lethargic and lazy and just hope to sleep and laze around the whole day.

At times, I feel like being super friendly and loving to every single soul I see. Other times, I feel like staying quiet and just be by myself.

At times, I feel like spending and spending my money freely, knowing full well that I will never be poor and God will supply all my needs according to His glory & riches in heaven. Other times, fear and worry about having not enough will cripple me.

At times, I feel like praising the people around me. Other times, I have to restrain myself from pointing out every horrendous behaviour in their lives.

Life can be contradicting sometimes. I sometimes feel one way, and within a moment of a second, I may feel otherwise. What I felt like doing one moment ago may not be what I want to do now.

That is why I believe that the things we do and the things we allow ourselves to dwell in can be controlled by us. We don't have to continue dwelling in bad and negative thinking and feelings about what's going on around us, if we don't allow ourselves to do that. We don't have to dwell in the bad things that may happen to us, if we don't allow ourselves to feed on those thoughts. The truth is, we don't have to. We can change what goes on in our minds. But that calls for a strong mind. One that knows and stay assured in the fact that Jesus never stops loving us. And His love and power is more than what we need.

I know that Jesus is real. He is not just another prophet who came to this world, blessed some people and died. He is my Creator and God, who is alive today. And I know even as I am typing this, Jesus is watching over me. He never lets me down. Because I know He is a good God. Even if things don't go my way, Jesus never leaves me or forsake me. He is a never-changing God - that's His character. And that is why I can push on, knowing that Jesus will be with me no matter what.

The knowing that Jesus is real is getting more and more to me nowadays. I can sense the presence of God whenever I lift up my heart to Him now. I feel Him like an electric current in my palms, or like a soft wind that blows past my face, or a heat wave that fills my entire being. He is no longer just someone I imagined is there because I don't see Him. But I can truly feel Him now. And it makes me cry every time, because I realise that He is so near to me, closer than my very own breath. It makes me realise that He is there for me, and with me all the time. And all the time means all the time.

Comments

Popular Posts