Anointed by God?

You know, recently many people have been telling me how much they appreciate me, and how much they look up to me.. etc etc. Not trying to promote myself here. But trying to blog down my feelings and thoughts about all these good things happening in my life.

It's so true. When God called you to do something, He will empower you with all that you need - skills, talents, abilities, character... to not only be able to do it, but to do it exceedingly well.

When I first became a cell group leader, I thought I might have a hard time reaching out to people, and making them feel loved. Because I was told before that when I talk, people cannot sense that I am sincere. That's a really bad thing, if you don't already know it, because sincerity is almost like the foundation of any friendship. And as a cell group leader, I may truly love people, but if people just don't sense that sincerity and truth in it, it's all gone.

So then, I slowly realised that when God put me in this position to influence and change lives, I was also given the anointing to speak into people's lives. Somehow, the things that I say, I may not think about it alot, but it's anointed with God's power. It can soften hearts and change lives. And I guess when I really put my heart into it, and do my best to serve people, they can sense it too.

I don't know if God is really starting a new work in my life, or I've just become more conscious of it happening. Ever since Pastor laid hands on me & spoke those things about being a counsellor into my life, I've had many opportunities to counsel several people. It seems many people are turning to me with their problems and asking me for advice. Last time, I used to have difficulties putting my counsel into appropriate words, and I always walk away feeling I could have said something better. But now, I seem to have a greater confidence in the things that I say. Mainly, it's because the Holy Spirit guides me in the things to say, and because I know He is with me, so I am not so apprehensive anymore.

And I believe God rewards me by inspiring some people to thank me for small little things, which makes me feel very appreciated indeed. Though I do many things just to please God, it's nice to know that my little effort makes a difference in somone's life.

So, I feel so so thankful that I am able to serve God in this manner. It's a privilege and honor I guard with my heart. Because I realised that God could have used anyone, but yet He chose me.

All of a sudden, I remember why I wanted to be a cell group leader. It's hard work, but it's all worth it. And life has never been as good as now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
=) eu r indeed a gr8 person 4 ppl 2 luk up 2.. actually.. eu myte b surprise.. der were tyms m feel lyk wrytin 2 eu sum probs m haf spiritually.. :) lOlx bt m stil din do it.. hahagagaz *shyz*
Serene said…
Have no doubts abt that... u r indeed anointing by God! Be it in the past or the present and even towards the future... God's anointing has always been on u to give counsel to others!

Pls continue to shine and provide warmth to those out there that needs counselling!!! =)
Anonymous said…
Thanks for all your encouragement, sisters.. :) Thank for always being a joy to me. Cyndear, pls do write to me or call me if anything.. even if I can't offer any advice, can still be a listening ear.. :p anytime..

Popular Posts