Dreams

Weird, today kept thinking about the things of the past... Just to share some of my thoughts..

I have many dreams. Dreams of old, dreams that are new.. Some dreams have faded away, others remain strong. Sometimes I waver in my dreams. I question myself whether it was something I really wanted. Or it just feels nice to be pursuing something seemingly good.

Dreams are good. It pushes me on. It reminds me of what I want to do for the Lord. It is a hope I hold on to, wishing to see the day that it will all come to pass.

When I was much younger, I dreamt to be a keyboardist in church. I just love to play the piano, and sing along with it. So, although I didn't learn how to play the piano, I just play it anyway. I guess God gave me a good sense of melody and music, so it was a little easier. I always dreamt that I could be the keyboardist in church. That was after I met the real keyboardists in church, and it dawned upon me that it's not that possible afterall.

But years later, God brought my dream to pass. I now play at weddings. Even though it's not at a main service, I am more than thankful. Weddings only happen once, and it's memorable that I know I 'play' (note the pun) a part on someone's important day. It's a happy feeling.

I also dreamt to be a dancer. Used to be a Chinese dancer when I was in primary school, but stopped halfway. Still, I love dancing. So, when I picked up tambourine dancing in church, I was overjoyed! It was a tremendous period of time, learning how to play the tambourine and dance before the Lord. God saw the desire in my heart, and later I actually taught other people how to play the tambourine. It was an amazing process, now that I looked back. Dancing before the congregation, performing at special events... wah, feels like so long ago now... hee..

A long standing dream I have. To serve God full time. There was a door opened to me a few years ago when I was still in FGA. Auntie Jun spoke to me and asked me to consider seriously to work in FGA. But I guess it's all part of God's divine plan. I didn't feel the peace to accept the offer then, though I was really very very moved to do so. Can ask Isaiah. I also didn't understand why I didn't accept it. Until God said to go CHC. Then I know why. God has His perfect timing.

I have never even dreamt before that I would serve God in a huge church like CHC. Never crossed my mind before. Much less serving Him as a cellgroup leader. God's ways blew my mind away. Now that I think about it, the entire journey had been amazing. God works in ways beyond my imagination. One thing never changes - God's faithfullness never fails.

Comments

Popular Posts