A series of unfortunate events.... by klessis...

I had meant to blog this long ago, but just kept forgetting. Well, not that it's anything glamorous. In fact, it's one of the most embarrassing and funniest thing that has ever happened to me. As you read, pls try to imagine & show some sympathy and compassion for me. Thank you. : )

As the story goes, one fine day last week, I was on my way to Pastor's house to do something after work. Quite late already, so I quickly bought some sushi and a bottle of coke, thinking that I may eat at Pst's house. Finally after waiting for the longest time, Bus number 16 came & I boarded the bus. Boy, was I glad that I found a seat! Next to me was a man casually-dressed in t-shirt and jeans. He didn't really bother about me, and for a while, I thought he looked pretty unfriendly.

Then of course, I got thirsty. So, I decided to open my bottle of coke to drink. TO MY DISMAY & HORROR OF HORRORS, the moment the cap was turned, all the bottled-up gas just bursted out! In all directions! And the coke just (literally) gushed out like a mini fountain.

By this way, you might have already imagined that not only was I totally wet, the 'unfriendly-looking man' next to me was too. And I profusely apologised for the mess, while frantically tried to cover back the cap and squeezed the entire bottle back into the plastic bag.

The now-friendlier-looking man just said, it's okay, it's okay... although I am so sure the coke got onto his tees, and his jeans. God bless this very compassionate & kind man. Although I hoped I could find a hole to hide myself, I was alittle touched by whatever kindness that was shown to me by this stranger.

OK, the story ended with me trying to sit very very straight, keeping my hand on the bottle of coke, which by now looked very harmless indeed. At the same time, I just felt cold coke seeping into my pants and dripping onto the bus floor. Either nobody saw it, or everyone was trying not to laugh. Oh well, whatever. What can get worse?

At this point, a familiar person boarded the bus. And it's one of the cell group leaders from church, whom, thankfully, I only saw before and never knew personally. And the thoughts that went through my mind was that I would never stand up & alight until he got off the bus, because I was pretty sure my entire bottom had already been drenched with coke by now. And as you could imagine, it would paint a misleading picture of a very unsightly and unfortunate event that had happened to me because of the location of the coke stain. Indeed. I was very very sure there was no way I was getting off the bus. If it meant missing my stop, so be it.

But there always is mercy in God. Ha.. That CGL got off a few stop later, and I also managed to get off at the right bus stop, rather embarrassed and apologetic that the bus driver might find a pool of ants if he did not notice the coke on the bus and didn't clean it. sigh..... What a series of unfortunate events! But very funny indeed!!! wahahahahahah...

Comments

Anonymous said…
lOlx so comical.. gEez coke drippin frm d skirt.. hohohoz.. no tissues? =)
Serene said…
wahahahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!

don't mean to be "evil" but it is really funny! but still i think u made it to Pastor's hse and clean up right?
Anonymous said…
hmm.. was wearing a baby pink pants.. yap, no tissues whatsoever..

hello? By the time I reached pastor's house, everyting dried already... sigh.... kor mia...

I've never been so embarrassed in my life before?!!
Serene said…
baby pink pants with brown patches?! hmmm... cool! latest design! wahahahaha!!!! somemore with sweet taste!!! hahahaha!!!
Anonymous said…
U so horrible! NO compassion at all.. sigh... I really felt very 'lang bei' that day.. hahah...
Anonymous said…
lOlx luks lyk sum pink cow w brown patches kinda design pants.. thanx god d ppl in d bus holdin deir luffters ya.. hahahahaaz.. =) if its mE n mei on d bus.. tink we wun hesitate to luff out loud.. hahahaz we r so bad.. geez bt of coz we'll definitely provide eu w tissues.. =D
Serene said…
wahahahahaha!!!! pink cows?!

hey... like the ones we see along the expressways on the green patches?!!! wahahahaha!!!!

hee... cyn & me really hei xin huh?!
Anonymous said…
why am I NOT SURPRISED you both are so 'hei xin'??? *faint*
Anonymous said…
*oppz* suddenly tot of sumting disgusting.. lOlx coz suddenly tot of brown patches on d pants.. hmmz.. sumtin tat m yearn to do.. bt of coz nt on pants laz.. *winkz* eu noe eu noE wat issit? lOlx hahagagaz no ppl mistaken d stain on ur pants yaz? hehez
Anonymous said…
geez we wher gt hei xin.. if we were der.. we confirm gif eu tissues wipe!! =D
Serene said…
cyn is more hei xin la.... her chain of thoughts went from cows to stains!! hmmm...

wahahahahaha!!!1

Popular Posts