When boys become men....

Two of my youngest members will be enlisted soon.

Ivan on Thurs morning, Yihui on Friday morning..

It should be a time of celebration because they are finally entering into the first phase of being transformed from boys to men. Yet, I can't help but have some concerns and worry. Like a mummy sending her boy off to the army. The same feeling.

The army is full of temptations, that's one. And many Christians have backslided or grown cold simply because the environment they live in for 95% of the week is not really that fantastic. Coupled with dread and exhaustion, many people really cannot stand up to the test.

That is why I pray and pray and pray for these 2 brothers. That they will be kept pure in their hearts, and maintain that fire and love for Jesus. There are many many examples of solid brothers who continue serving the Lord fervently even after enlistment, so I am sure my two brothers will belong to that group. I believe God will uphold them and keep them safe.

"God, I lift up Ivan and Yihui into your hands. Keep them and uphold them. That they will keep their hearts close to you, and not allow the elements of this world distract them. Increase their faith and during this period of time, they will shine for you like never before, because you have sent them as a bright light to shine through the darkness in the army. Thank you Jesus. Amen!"

Oh, I'll miss them for 3 weeks!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts