Stand before Kings

Had an exciting evening today, cos I was emcee for an official signing ceremony between our country and another country, at Istana. First time I did it, and it was over before I could finish pronouncing 'hippopotamus'. Oh well, it was quite fun and praise God I read everything clearly, without stumbling over any of my words. : )

Istana is really a beautiful place. Very serene, very peaceful. And there is a tinge of dignity & honour in that place. Fit for a king.

I remember when I had the privilege to bring the Singapore President, Mr Nathan for a walkthrough at CNB, the word God reminded me was that 'I will stand before kings'. Somewhere in the bible, there is mention of this, and I was really thankful to God that He had given me an opportunity to stand before kings, and yet felt respectful but not terrified. I truly believe it was God's favor upon me. A fond memory of that time was that while I was talking to Mr Nathan, the photographer took our photo & it turned out to be the cover of our newsletter. So, for that month, I was cover girl. Haha..

For this time, though the event was much more small scale, I was reminded of that once again. That God will bring me to stand before kings, and I will do well. I believe I did. And thank God for the favor. It could have been someone else. But I got the opportunity to shine for Him. Praise God! : )

Comments

Popular Posts