Extravagant Love!

My cell group really took me by surprise. I am lost for words. They celebrated my birthday for me again tonight at the BBQ!! Well, I did guess it when some of them acted weirdly, but still it was a big surprise for me, cos I thought what they did on thursday night during cell group meeting was awesome enough. God did above what I can think or imagine! wow....

They are really a bunch of very very sweet people. They individually wrote nice cards for me, and took turns to read out every one of their words. Every word sounded so loving and sincere. At that moment, as I was listening to them, I kept wondering whether I was really like what they said. All the praises sounded like I don't deserve them.. haha.. They are really so extravagant with their praises and love!! They even bought me another big cake with the face of a girl with plaits!! My dream cake since young cos it's so cute!!! (Until I got to cut the cake and split her chin into two.. :P)

Dear N252, I will try my best to be a better CGL to all of you.. Not because I have to, but because I really want to. Like what I shared on Thurs night, I don't need all of you to rise up to be CGLs while in my cell group, all I ask for is that every single one of you grow in your faith in God, and become stronger when you are my member. That's all I ask for. What will make me really happy is to see all of you growing in the Lord, and pursuing your vision and dreams with all your might.

And I am so in awe of all the presents I received... Not only did they give me a CG gift, almost all of them gave me personal gifts as well. I totally didn't expect it. Yesterday night I told a church staff that my members gave me personal gifts on top of the cell group gift. She was like "Wow.. your members are solid ah..." And from her expression, I know it's not always expected or normal that members would do that. But my CG did exactly that. It's an extraordinary act.

Guys, I really appreciate it so so much. I know it's not easy for some of you, cos you are still studying, just graduated or in the army. You didn;t have to do this, and I wouldn't have expected you to do it either. Yet, you did not hold back when you bought me presents to show me your love. Thank you so much. Thank you for all your generosity and love. I really really appreciate it. : )

Thanks Serene for your present too! It's not even my birthday yet! Ha... God is so good to me to give me you as a dear friend. I've never really been the closest to you last time in the old church, but God has brought us through this together, till today. Thank you for being a wonderful friend who listens, who understands, and who fights for me. Hahah.. I still remember a stranger left a comment on one of my blog entries to challenge what I say and believe, and you stood up for me!! Thank you, my friend. We'll be friends forever... : )

BBQ was fun tonight!!! It was a real big space that we got, inside Sembawang Park, though not along the beach. I was kind of disappointed that it was not near the beach when I reached there, but I then realised that because of the big space, we were playing volleyball and catching... Haha.. so funny.. In the end before we left, we took so many photos.. funny ones, weird weird ones, loving ones...

I can fully express my happiness and joy . I try my best to put them into words, but still they are inadequate. I can only say to everyone who loves me.. Thank you. I love you too!

Comments

Serene said…
Hahaha... u didn't suspect ur cg will celebrate again at BBQ meh??!! Remember i've mentioned that there are more to come in my previous comment?! hahaha... i knew your members will not NOT celebrate again!!! heee.... (quick... say i'm SMART!):P hahahaha...

I believe for one simple reason... u've impacted all of them, thru' your love for them... that's why they are willing to "splurge" on u! Pastor said, you can give without loving, but you can never love without giving!! Your members are just showing part of their LOVE for you this way!!!

hee... i saw my name in this blog entry... i was like... errr... out of place lah!!! hahahaa... anyway appreciate that you remember me! hee...
Anonymous said…
aiyoh.. where got out of place??! You're the first 'friend' to give me a present leh.. :)

Popular Posts