The Ability to Rejoice

I feel quite happy today. : )

Not because things are going well or that I will 500 people coming for service this week with my CG... haha... but because I determine to be happy myself. Inspite of the circumstances. In spite of the regrets. Inspite of the unhappy things.

I said before that being happy is a decision. Consciously, we have to decide to be so. If happiness comes naturally, we wouldn't treasure it anyway. Being happy requires me to tell myself with a smile infront of the mirror that 'I want to be happy'.

Surprisingly, I can suddenly become happy just because of that. Even though things have not changed. Even though life still has its own problems and difficulties. I know that my God is a God who walks me through the valley.

Xuan said before her friends asked her why she can be happy all the time. She said she can be like that because she has God in her life. And I think that's so so true. Being happy is a decision. A decision that you want to be like that because you have God in your life. Xuan is a happy person all the time, everyone who knows her knows that. But I don't assume she's always like that. I believe she is able to be so because she decides to be so. Because she knows her influence on others around her when she is always so positive and hopeful.

Jesus said that we can rejoice always. The bible does not lie. If it is written that we can rejoice always, we can rejoice indeed. Because God has put that ability within us. The ability to rejoice.

Doesn't Jesus know that we will encounter problems and difficulties in our lives? Sure He does! Jesus knows all our struggles and weaknesses because He became man for our sakes. Yet, the bible stills says 'Rejoice Always!'. Simply because God knows we can still rejoice in the midst of the bad situation.

So, it's not that hard afterall, it seems. If God says we can, we really can. Of course spend all our time lamenting and complaining about how life is unfair to us. But if we really want to, we can draw strength from God and from within ourselves to rejoice.

'Rejoice!' And again, I say 'Rejoice!'

Comments

juch4306 said…
Thanks for that post. It's true - God WITH us, the hope of glory... We can rejoice - it is a choice. :)

Popular Posts