All by Myself..

I enjoy spending time with myself. When I am all alone, it's a time I can really relax and stone. Not because I don't enjoy spending time with people or my hubby, which I really do, but because I feel everyone should have some me-time to themselves once in a while.

It's a lazy Sat afternooon. I am now blogging in my bedroom, while Isaiah is having CG outside. I love Sat afternoons. It's the only time I get to be all by myself. I dont have to do anything, sometimes I just lie on my bed and watch TV. Other times, I spend time praying. It's really some quality time that I can have to clear my mind.

In my work and ministry, I do alot of talking. I have to be always sharp and alert. It's tiring sometimes and that is why I need some time by myself to recharge myself. I am by nature, not a very active person. If given a choice, I'd rather not talk. But God has empowered me to be able to do all that because of the calling upon my life. When I am not serving, and just resting and relaxing, I relapse back to who I am originally. It's not fake, if that's what u think I am. It's just different characteristics in different situations, to enable me to do well wherever I am.

I thank God I have never felt lonely in my life before. Yes, there were times I was all by myself and nobody's with me. There were times I walked along the beach on the sand all by myself. There were times I ate all alone in a foodcourt. There were times I went home alone. Many things I did all alone before. But even when I am alone in the midst of a big crowd, I have never felt lonely.

I know I should not take it for granted. Many people in this world felt lonely even though they were always among friends. Loneliness is a state of mind. And since it is a state, it means we can move in and out of it. We can choose to be out of loneliness.

I have friends who tell me they felt lonely. I have people sharing how desperate they felt when they felt the loneliness eating up their whole being. I cannot empathize most of the time, because i have never felt that before. But I know clearly it's a horrible feeling. It makes you feel as if you have no one who believe in you. It feels like nobody really cares about you. But note how I refer it as 'you feel...'..because it's really a feeling. It may not be real or true. The real situation may not be like what u think. But loneliness just makes you feel that way. Thoughts will just come into your mind to make you feel bad about yourself.

I also don't know why I am writing a blog like this. But I do believe there are many people out there who have felt lonely at some points in life. I do believe you can snap out of it. It's a choice.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeh xx! :P I'm glad that you are who you are now.. becos your faith in God that you can be a happy child of God inspires!

Popular Posts