Know the Heart of God

I remember as a young helper in the zone in church, I always hear my leaders talk about how important it is to know the heart of my leaders and the heart of God. I know it is something important, but I didn't really understand fully how it would impact my life.

Now as a leader myself, I finally have a deeper understanding of the necessity of knowing the heart of my leaders and God. With that understanding comes acceptance of the truth. With acceptance comes empowerment. With empowerment comes power.

There were times my members could understand my heart and be able to flow with me or understand the things that I do. And those times, I feel so thankful to God for giving me people around me who understands my heart and what is important to me.

But there would be other times when I hoped that some members would make the effort to know my heart and know why I do certain things. But of course, that's only normal. Not everyone knows my heart and what I am thinking or praying about. But if they try, they will.

I learnt this through the hard way of course. Many times, I did the wrong thing, said the wrong thing or made the wrong decision, all because I didn't understand the heart of Pastor. Things got better when I got to know Pastor more and have a better understanding of what is important to her and what matters to her. It is wise to follow her, because she also knows the heart of Pastor Tan who knows the heart of Pastor Kong who knows the heart of God! In that way, as we follow the heart of our leaders, we are sure to be doing the will of God. And that is the reason why we need to know the heart of our leaders because we really don't want to waste time and effort on something that is not in God's will.

It is a joy and comfort to know that my helpers or my members know my heart. A lot of things need not be said. It must be caught in the spirit. A lot of frustrations and misunderstanding can be avoided if we make the effort to know the heart of our leaders and God.

Know it well, and it will do you good. : )

Comments

Popular Posts