Love Our Church More

It was funny how I managed to accomplished much work in the office today though I was trying hard to stay awake half the time. Like I told annie, really felt like I was in dreamland, floating here and there. I kept asking myself whether I was really working or I was actually dreaming. weird feeling..

And as I felt so tired today, I was reminded of how Pst Kong and Sun had to endure all these tiredness in their physical bodies and yet kept on serving God the best they know how. People who work closely with them always tells about how they really live their lives for God, and work so so so hard for the kingdom of God. Pst Kong often has to forgo sleep for 24 hours or even more, and yet he is still preaching the Word of God with the same passion and fire of God. When I think of that, I remind myself that I have to remember to pray for them.

Our senior pastors work so hard. And alot of times, they don't even get appreciated. Being in the public eye, they have to endure and go through times when people who don't understand them and criticise and point their fingers at them. Seriously, I always felt the fire of God consume me when I hear such comments or accusations about my senior pastors and what my church is doing. Because I feel that they don't have the right to say such things when they don't even know my church. And really, at the end of the day, are we even qualified to judge another man? Doesn't anyone who serve God need to answer to God themselves one day? We are accountable to God for our lives. At the end of the day, Pst Kong and Sun are doing the will of God and fulfilling God's purpose in their lives. Are outsiders in any position at all to keep pointing fingers at them?

I had the privilege to go on a mission trip to Medan. It was an unforgettable experience. Not just the hunger of the people. Not just the willingness of the church members working together in unity. But it's the hard work that Pst Sun puts in that really touched my heart. The passion and fire she carries in her bones. The determination and spirit of excellence that she has. The heart to win the lost for the Lord. I will never forget.

And all the more, it made me understand better. Because I have witnessed how my senior pastors have put in all they have to pursue God and do what God wants them to do in this generation. From that point, I told myself, no matter what people say, I am staying put here in this House of God. If anyone criticises my church, I will speak up for the church. I will defend with the best I know how. Because I love my church very much.

This is the place God has called me to, isn't it? If I don't love my church, I will never truly fulfill the calling of God upon my life here. I will never be able to sacrifice the best I know how. I will never serve God with my whole being. This love didn't come automatically of course. It came after I commit myself more and more to the vision of this church and to Pst Kong and Sun. It came because it is in this House that the tangible presence of God touched me and transformed my whole life. It is in this House I witnessed the power of God like nowhere else.

Some people ask me why I have become so radical. I guess I've realised that I have no time to lose. No time to take my own sweet time anymore. No time just to care about my own self. God has touched me so deep that I will never return to the passive me ever again. Life can always be simpler and easier if I choose not to go on this path. But I know the higher way is the way.

Let's pour out our love for our church, shall we? This is the Gate of Heaven that God has brought us to. It deserves all our commitment and love. God deserves it and much more.

Comments

Popular Posts