A Price to Pay

I guess there is a price to pay for everything. Didn't someone say before that there is no such thing as a free lunch on this earth?

Perhaps that is why we all say a Christian life is never a bed of roses or a smooth path. Because in order to do great things for God with what He has given to us, we need to pay a price.

Even Jesus paid a high price so that we may live. True, salvation is for free. But in another sense, it's not exactly free. Because it's Jesus who paid for it with his life. While we got it freely.

To live for Jesus, we have to pay a price. It's not gonna be easy because what awaits us at the end of the road are great and extraordinary rewards. The journey always starts with a large group of people. But along the way, some will drop out of the way becase they got tired and weary. Others get discouraged and decided the price is too high to pay. Yet another group will start to grumble and murmur about how they are not appreciated or receiving enough blessings. Others will simply just leave the race silently...

Only those who persevere to the end will receive the reward. Those who held on to the faith and determined to continue to journey even when it got tough will see what God has prepared for those who love Him. These few will get to rule and reign together with Jesus forever.

We will get there ultimately. It's only whether you are willing to pay the price. I've met many people, who persevered on even when the going gets tough, continued to believe in Jesus even when they don't see the sun, refused to give up coming to cell group and service inspite of opposition.. I remembered someone told me before.... "My parents don't allow me to go to church. I just have to find ways to go anyway. It just made me more creative in finding ways to go church without having to lie!".. haha... what an attitude! To me, this is an attitude that carries a different spirit - the spirit of Jesus. : )

Indeed, to make a decision to live for Jesus requires us to get out of our comfort zone, and sacrifice some things in our lives. It's not easy definitely, but I can confidently say that in my many years of knowing Jesus, He has never once let me down. I want to live for Jesus because I know He is worth it. I want to live for Jesus because that's the only way I can see my purpose in life. I want to live for Jesus because only He can give me the satisfaction and what I need in my life. Only Jesus can.

To those who has been given much, more will be required of them.

Comments

Popular Posts