Nostalgia Reminiscence of My Country

Today feels weird. I haven't had a public holiday since a few months ago! So, it feels kind of weird that I am at home now and Isaiah's at home now..

I am such a good girl today. Washed one whole basket of clothes and hung them. Vacuum the whole house, mopped the whole house. Wiped the cabinets, TV console, dining table. Washed the dishes, scrubbed the sink.... Hahaha... can you imagine how much housework I've accumulated in one week???!! Thank God for a public holiday so that I can clear the work!

Today is National Day, My beloved country's birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!!!\

Serene is mad.. she put up the "Stand Up for Singapore" song on her blog.. hahaha.. good lah, show some patriotism.. Well, I think I should blog something about this nation. As a Malaysian-born-convert-to-Singaporean-at-ten-years-old girl, I think I can show my loyalty to the country too, since i've been a true Singaporean for over fifteen years now. : )

I was born in Malaysia, Selangor. Came over to Singapore when I was three. Received my citizenship from a Minister when I was about ten. Since then, I've always regarded myself as a Singaporean. Though I still hold fond memories of Malaysia especially when 99% of my relatives live there, I have a heart for Singapore. You can say I am a traitor, whatever. But I literally grew up in this country, so it's only natural. : )

I still remember I loved those national day songs! There was a time when a Sing Singapore campaign was going on and they published a song book and produced CDs of many national day songs.... I loved to sing with all my heart during assemblies, special events or national day celebrations.. I always feel so proud when I sing those songs, and tears will well up in my eyes as I feel the pride rise within me. : )

I still remember clearly when I was young, whenever I felt sad, miserable or unhappy, I would take out that red 'Sing Singapore' songbook, stuff my head into a pillow and sing into my pillow as loud as I can. After I finish singing every single song from page 1 to the last page, I would feel better. Actually, I didn't notice I was doing that until my mum mentioned it to me one day. She said, "Dun you know? Everytime you are unhappy, you would take out that book and sing so loud for very long. Then you'd feel better." It came as a revelation to me. Hee...

Sure, it sounds silly right now. But, that was exactly how I felt. Proud of the achievements. Proud of the Government. Proud to be a Singaporean. So I'd feel upset when someone says something bad about Singapore, or criticise its policies or way of handling things. Sure, every government has its flaws. But I certainly say that the Singapore government is full of competent and passionate leaders, who will do all they can to bring prosperity and wealth to this country. God's Hand and anointing is indeed upon this country. God's principle is that we must submit to authority placed upon our lives, and our government is one of them.

I subsequently joined a government organisation and has been there for more than 4 years now. Although I didn't intentionally choose to go into this organisation, in fact I never wanted to work for the government, but God allowed it to happen anyway. This year, I was also the emcee for the National Day Observance Ceremony for my Ministry.

So, yes. I am proud to be a Singaporean! I pray that God will continue to govern over this nation, lead our leaders and bring about salvation to every single Singaporean. May prosperity and wealthy continue to fill this country!

Thank you, Jesus - The Lord of Singapore!

Comments

Popular Posts