What A Happy Day!

It was a happy day for me today! Because I spent it with the people I love most in this world - my hubby, parents and my brother!

Daddy drove us over to JB in the evening. Once we reached there (thank God for good traffic!), we headed straight to Ah Kun Niang Doufu for dinner. Woooo.... super nice the fishcake! Wah... and we ordered so much food!!! After the dinner, we realised it only came up to about $5 per person. Really economical and very very fulfilling!

Then we went to Da Ma Garden to buy some quey quey for nigel.. He wanted to buy 30 of those peanut muah chee thingy.. oh gosh! You should have seen the look of immense satisfaction on his face when he was munching on those things!?? One could mistake he was in heaven or something....... I couldn't resist the temptation and ate one myself. Agree with Nigel wholeheartedly. Super nice.

Then it's time for some shopping. So, we went to City Square to walk around. Didn't really see anything I like. Then we sat down at Sweet Dynasty for some desserts... I had mango snow-ice, which I thought was pretty cool.. The ice really felt like snow! The texture was.... so special! Daddy ordered peanut paste, while the rest of us ordered snow-ice.. very sweettttt...

Then we decided it's time to head back to Singapore at about 9pm. The traffic at Causeway was..... horrendous... Thank God for a comfortable car! Even though we were stuck in the jam for almost an hour, we were at least seated comfortably in an aircon car, listening to some oldies.. hee... When i looked out at those who were in the public buses, many of them standing, I really felt so glad...

When we finally cleared customs, I suddenly had a craving for satay! But everyone was groaning at how tired and full they were, so I thought maybe no chance le.. But I just asked anyway.. In the midst of all the groaning from nigel and my mum, my dad simply asked 'where?'... hahaha... and we made our way to Sembawang Satay Club! Heee.... The satay were just fabulous... and the teh tarik.... wooo...

When we finally reached home, Isaiah commented.. you must be very happy today ah... get to eat all your fav food.. look how much your dad loves you.. the moment you said you wanted to eat satay, he went... hee... that's so so true.. I always know my daddy dotes on me alot.. heee...

So that sums up my outing with my parents today! So much food!!! Heee.. and I am so happy!! = )

Comments

Popular Posts