It's blood test day! *~*

Today is the day I go back to see my gynae again. But it was with a nervous heart that I went, cos TODAY I GOT TO TAKE A BLOOD TEST! *doom day*

durh... believe it or not.. I've never donated blood in my life. Not because I am a selfish old freak, but because i've been underweight all my life, below the requirement for the blood donation. So, the idea that I am going to donate 3 to 4 tubes of blood really makes me very nervous. Sigh....

I guess the only consolation was seeing Baby again on the scanner machine.. Baby was really active and kept moving the hands up and down, as if doing some kickboxing kind of thing. Hmm.. But yes, this time round baby was sitting cross-legged, so no luck with guessing the gender again. Ha.. Cheeky baby.

Anyway, finally the moment came when I had to give blood. The lady was called to come up to the clinic to take my blood. She took her own sweet time to come. When she walked in, I was like "Huh.. how come nurse looks like this??" You can hardly blame me. She was not wearing the traditional white uniform, but some pinkish uniform, with a fully-made up face and black stockings! If I didn't get more nervous by then, I was having you on.

Then Missy asked me to follow her into the room and took out her apparatus and tubes and ...... needlesssss..... Then she tore open an antiseptic gauze and cleaned my arm and tied a band around my top arm. She asked me to take a deep breath and with one swift action, poked the needle into my arm! The great thing was I didn't feel a single thing! Yo... and she kept asking me.. ok? is this ok?? And gave me the most assuring & sweetest smile.

You should have seen my blood gush out. I could almost say that I was proud of my blood. Haha... It quickly filled up one tube, then Missy pulled it off and connected another tube. Then another.... in total, three tubes of my blood were filled within a couple of minutes!

My ordeal was over. Thank God it was completely pain-free and definitely not like what I thought. And I must say, never judge a book by its cover! I love the Missy who helped me draw my blood. She's good! : )

After the ordeal, I was so hungry that I ate my first Big Mac of my life! I had never eaten a Big Mac in my life before, because wasn't it meant to be for boys only?? But I was craving for some beef and I was completely famished! In the end, I ate one whole Big Mac meal! Wooo... what a hungry mama... hahaha...

Comments

Popular Posts