ANGELS

I was listening to Rev Ulf Ekman’s preaching during service 6 two weeks ago. It was on Angels and such an awesome message. Many times, we hear about people talk about the devil and the demons. There are many books written on demonic attacks, how to defend ourselves against such evil plots & attacks. But there are not many preachers who actually talk about angels.

It’s funny, isn’t it? The truth is we are really on the same side as angels. True, we should know our enemies well so that we can defeat them. But we should also know who we will be dwelling with in all eternity in heaven, right?? : )

When Jesus calls, angels respond. (WOW!)

Unlike human beings, we either ignore the calling, or we pray & ask God for 50 confirmations before we respond, or we worry about little thing to prevent ourselves from responding. Angels are different. They are heavenly servants who respond immediately. Their calling is to HEAVEN.

I want to be like an angel who responds quickly too. Respond to my call to HEAVEN. My highest calling.

Angels are not chubby cupid & baby-looking creatures with short blond curly hair, wearing only one piece of silver cloth on the lower body. Well, that’s what the world depicted them to be and what I thought of them as well. But the bible says that angels are warriors of God and Heaven. Instantaneously, my image of angels transformed to that of mighty warriors with strength, wisdom and might!

Imagine an army of angels going before us to fight the battle whenever we are faced with trials, persecution and difficulties. I surely cannot imagine cute or chubby looking creatures doing that! God would send forth strong mighty angels to fight for us! We don’t really see them. But they are waging war in the spiritual realm! Sent by God to help us!

Some angels dwell in our midst. Pastor said they could be that someone you passed by on the street and totally forgot about it. It could well be that someone who asked you for help, but you refused. It is a sweet thought to think that some special friend in our lives who has blessed us so much with their presence is actually an angel too. But of course they are not really angels. They are just as sweet as angels.

My mama told me before that she has seen an angel before when I was still young. I am not sure of the authenticity of the story, but I would love to think that she had a special visitation from a spiritual being. She shared before that she saw a bright-looking angel all clothed in white or silver and glowing all over. She just stood a distance away from my mama and smiled at her before she disappeared. I asked my mama if she felt scared. Mama said she felt nothing but peace. I guess if it’s something else besides a Godly creature, my mama would have felt fear. So yeh, I choose to believe angels dwelt and protected my household since I was young.

Whenever I feel threatened by demonic attacks or opposition, I remember there is another force – an angelic host who fights on my behalf, so I am assured and more confident. It is not me against the devil. It is God and His angels fighting on my behalf against the devil. Hallelujah!

Comments

Popular Posts