Is Your Glory still Hidden??

Yesterday night was one of the Friday nights I felt so not-busy in months.. Cos sis lillian was not in service, so I could actually find time to meet up with my members after service to do a debrief & to just hang around with them. Oh man.. what's the world coming to... even a simple thing like that made me so happy yesterday.. hahah... But it was really such a joy to see all of them smiling at me. Don't know how to describe that feeling, but it's really a happiness from within my heart when I see them gathered together like that like a big family. I love my cell group!

Pst Kong preached a powerful message about the glory of God in us last night. It was simple, yet very revelational. I was really 'wow-ed' by many of the truths he spoke about, which I was hearing for the first time. I believe, like what Pst Kong prayed for many months ago, for fresh sermons and revelations from heaven, God really answered his prayers. The Tabernacle churchwide bible study was another testimony of that. The Word of God is so powerful that it changes minds and renew thinking.

Everyone of us has the glory of God in us. I was telling my CG members last night that I have had many many experiences where I walked into an empty shop in a shopping centre and seconds after I stepped in, many many people will start strolling in to have a look as well. No coincidence, I'm sure. It's the glory of God in me which attracted the people to come in. (Pause: Come to think of it. If I open a shop and employ all on-fire Christians as salespeople, I might make a fortune, because alot of customers will be attracted to walk in.. hee). So, the glory of God in all of us definitely exists because God had put that in us. The question is whether it is still hidden or already manifesting itself in our lives.

To me personally, I feel that it's more than knowing that I have the glory of God in me, but more about how I now live my life with that knowing. I suddenly feel alot more confident about who I am, assured that I am indeed not a small worthless worm, but someone who can bring about a difference in a place that is dark, a place with no warmth, a place without the love and power of Jesus. Because wherever I go, I release the glory of God there.

Failures & disappointments will come. From events, from people, from anywhere. But the glory of God never dies or diminishes in our lives. There is always a new hope to stand up again. There is always a knowing that God's glory can bring me through.

And yes, I don't want to be the one who stops the glory of God from coming out of my life. I want to help it shine & grow! I want to be a person who can bring the glory of God into the lives of people, instead of causing people to fall because of my actions, my words, my decisions. Because if the glory of God doesn't shine through in my actions and the things I do, I owe God. I am meant to be a vehicle of His glory and that's what I am called to do in this lifetime!

Comments

sis kless!

Below what u said really resonates with what i feel!

"I want to be a person who can bring the glory of God into the lives of people, instead of causing people to fall because of my actions, my words, my decisions. Because if the glory of God doesn't shine through in my actions and the things I do, I owe God. I am meant to be a vehicle of His glory and that's what I am called to do in this lifetime!"

u know Pastors and leaders always teach us to be faithful stewards - faithful in money, faithful in wat belongs to others, faithful with the little things, faithful with the resources God has placed in our lives....

I feel that there's one more thing to be faithful -- faithful in the talent of others.

I wanna be a faithful steward that will help to bring out the talent in others, and encourage others to shine in their talents! Just like what u mentioned earlier! :o)

Popular Posts