除夕夜

As all other Lunar New Year's eve, we had reunion dinner at home. It's steamboat this year because it's so convenient, and Isaiah & I really like to eat steamboat! A funny episode happened when we were halfway through eating our steamboat. My dad called & asked me if I had borrowed their steamboat pot! Apparently, they bought a new two-pot steamboat pot not long ago, but they couldn't find it! And all the ingredients for their steamboat dinner were ready, but the pot was gone!!! Haha... really hilarious.. The last time I checked, they decided to just put every ingredient into a big pot and cook soup with it....

After dinner, we went over to Pasir Ris to visit my parents. Not to eat with them,
but just to give them ang pows & some new year goodies. At first we wanted to drive to Chinatown to get a feel of the New Year mood, but nobody seemed to be interested except my brother & I, and my dad kept telling me not to go cos of my big tummy. Hhaha... So, in the end, we asked Dexing to go with us to Changi Airport for some Swensens' ice-cream! Wow.. the Earthquake was super satisfying & nice!!!
大 年 初 一

As per all other first days of the New Year as well, we went over to JB to Grandma's house. That's us in the car on the Causeway!

The view from the Causeway is quite charming actually. It felt very peaceful & soothing.

After a hot feast at Grandma's house, we went over to one of the auntie's house for coffee & snacks. We had lots of fun taking photographs there!



This year, we did something special though. We went to visit Isaiah's grandfather's grave. It was the first time I visited his grave, and of course for Joey, it's her first time visiting her great grandfather. It was a short visit, but when we were there, we washed the tombstone and cleared up some of the weeds. Isaiah also told Grandpa that Joey came to visit him. : )

Today is my family's side. Will be going to my cousin's place for dinner later, cos my uncle & auntie from KL just came over, so it's going to be a much noisier New Year this year!

Comments

Popular Posts