The Happy Occasion

I haven't been getting enough sleep this week. Every day I slept at the wee hours of the morning, and had to wake up early the next day. Plus maybe because of Joey, I get tired easily, carrying extra weight around.

However despite feeling tired and sleepy most of the time, I am feeling the excitement in the air. Chinese New Year is coming! Since early last week, I've been feeling this blissful and happy feeling inside of me. Somehow, this year's New Year feels special. And I am really looking forward to spending time with my family and relatives.

The night before the Chinese New Year (除夕), I'll be having reunion dinner at my own home as per tradition, with Isaiah's parents & brother. It'll be steamboat this year, and we've already bought all the ingredients! Well, it's not exactly dinner too, cos we usually start eating around 4 plus in the evening. Then it's watching of the telly for a while. Usually showing the celebrations, some variety programmes or some Jackie Chan movies. This is really a veyr relaxing part of the Chinese New Year.

On the first day of the New Year, we will be going over to Isaiah's grandma's house for reunion lunch. This has been our practice ever since a few years after I became Isaiah's girlfriend. All the aunties & uncles from Isaiah's mum side will gather at grandma's place for a hearty lunch. It has become so crowded over the years because of additions of children into the family. The adults will all gather together & eat at one round table, the cousins & the 2nd generations will eat together at another round table. The kids will eat at a rectangular table and sit on the floor. Every year's like that. :) I like grandma's fishball soup & stewed chicken.

After the lunch, almost everyone will drive over to one of the auntie's house for coffee, new year snacks and watching TV programmes. It's warm fellowship all the way till dinner time. Then either the auntie's maid will cook dinner for all of us, or we will order Marrybrown's chicken or some will go out & buy some food back. That sums up the first day of my New Year. = )

This year, I will be going back to my own parents' house for reunion dinner on the 2nd day of the New Year. I think it's steamboat again, cos that's what my parents like. I\going to be another cosy dinner with my dear family. : )

Looks like it's going to be another eat-alot Chinese New Year again!!

I pray that everyone of us will have a great time of fellowship with our family members & relatives and really shine for Jesus. Remember: We carry the presence of God and into every house we go to, we usher in the joy & blessings of the Lord.

Last of all... Kong Hee Fa Cai!! :D

Comments

Popular Posts