Time to start working again!

My block leave is about to end soon. The annual two-week lull period for church staff is about to end too next week. It's time to start working hard again!

The last part of Year 2005 had been pretty hectic for me, having to adjust to switching to full-time ministry, motherhood, changes in the cell group, changes in the family, etc etc. Sometimes I feel so frustrated that it seems I am always having to cope with things happening when they happen. In the end, I am always so reactive. Be it good things, or bad things, there is almost no time to pre plan anything at all! Fighting fires has become my forte, I would say. : )

In this new year, I really want to see a change in my life. I want to stop reacting to things (though I am sure new fires are awaiting me at every turn & corner!), but I want to be able to live in predicament of what will happen next, so that I am more prepared and less gan cheong. At the beginning of each year, don't we all have our own ideas about how the new year is going to unfold? No exception for me, I have many goals that I wish to attain in this new year, so that I can stop living in guilt, frustration & distress.

So, what do I hope to do in this coming year?? Detailed plans will come later, but for now.. here's what I hope to achieve this year:

1. Be a more supportive wife to Dear Dear. There is always room for improvement. : ) Sometimes I whine too much, i think. Don't think many men can take it. Thank God for Isaiah.
hhaha...

2. Spend more time with my cell group members. Yes, I know.. I haven't been spending much time with my dearest cg members. I really need to know how to allocate my time much better! Of cos, I always need to serve my pastors before & after service, so sometimes I don't even have time to meet up with my members during service or after that, but I am sure I can find a way! Thank God for understanding members, but I will do better this year!

3. Read through the bible in New International Version in 1 year. I've read through the bible once through before in Chinese. If I can conquer the harder version, I am sure I can do it for the english bible! Hmm!

4. Be more generous with my sincere praises. I am someone who is very stingy with praises. I've become much better over the years, but there's so much room for improvement. If I am generous with my praises, I can edify the people around me more & build friendships as well. Good nei!

5. Of course, be a good mother. hee..

wooo... sounds challenging! I just pray I will become a better person this year than last year! How about you, my friends?? : )

Comments

wow sis kless, great to write down what you want to do over here!

Popular Posts