Glorious Weekend

Rev Ulf Ekman was in City Harvest to preach over the weekend. It was such a glorious weekend packed with revelations, anointing and strong presence of God. It's true like what Pst Kong always says. Each time Pst Ulf comes, he will bring forth a Word not just for the church, but for every single individual in the church. A vital Word that will bring everyone to the next level in our spiritual walk with God, giving us a clear direction of the next step to take. This is the kind of spiritual leadership & authority that God has placed over our church.

I have been so blessed by the 3 services from Fri to Sun. Even though physically it was tiring, but spiritual I felt so refreshed & excited. Especially on the last service, just before the service started, I felt that God will speak a powerful Word to me, and my heart was so anticipating it.

On Friday night, Pst Ulf spoke about the different times & seasons in our lives. That if we are at the right place at the right time, doing the right thing with the right people, we will see success and the anointing of God. Seasons come & go, whether you like it or not. Seasons come & go whether you are prepared for it or not. So, the crucial thing is really whether we want to catch on to the seasons & do what's best during that season. And what's best means what's in God's will, not what's convenient or seemingly easier.

I remember asking God very briefly when I found out i was pregnant that why did He allow it to happen at that specific period in my life. True, Isaiah & I had just decided that it was time to have a baby, and our hearts were prepared for it. Yet, because I only just started working full time in church, I had some concerns that the moment I stepped into this full time ministry, I need to take care of a growing baby in my tummy. Wouldn't it slow me down? Wouldn't I be less effective? Those were the questions that popped up in my mind then. Because if God called me into the full time ministry, surely He wants me to really work hard & do well, then enter into another new season in my life, perhaps?

Yet, God had His higher plans. Even though I was entering into a new season in my life in full time ministry, and in human eyes, seemed like the worst time to have a baby, God ensured that even with the baby, I did not perform lesser than what I should have. God gave me so much grace that I was still able to work hard, produce what I need to produce and continue to have a healthy body so that baby will grow strong.

That day, Pst said to the leaders that she felt that this is God's goodness in my life. And wow, i never thought of it that way! I just felt that God is good, baby is obedient, that's all. But indeed, it was God's way of showing His goodness in my life. The goodness of God. The goodness of God. The more I thought about it, the more touched I felt in my heart. God is a good God. And His goodness oevrflows in my life. It was the right thing to happen at the right time.

On Sat night, Pst Ulf went on to talk about the power of healings. Because as the church enters into a new season of missions work, we need to understand that not just the pastors or full time workers, but EVERY single person on mission trip has been equipped and anointed with the power to HEAL. That's what the bible says, that we should go out to preach the gospel & heal the sick.

Pst Ulf shared so many testimonies about healings that really blew my mind away. He had raised the dead before, healed many people.. and each testimony strengthened my faith in God. The healing power of God is still strong now. Yet, alot of times, we don't have enough faith to believe it will happen. And the only way is just to keep praying for healing and keep praying for healing and keep praying for healing. Until it happens.

On the last service on Sunday, Pst Ulf talked about the calling of God in our lives. The calling of God has always been something we Christians talk about, but yet alot of times, we wonder how do we know for sure what exactly our calling is. Pst Ulf shared about how he heard the calling of God and yet God did not want him to walk right into it immediately. Instead, God took him on journey of faith in USA through the bible school before he was finally brought into Bangladesh. He said something that struck me. That even though God spoke and there were many confirmations about what He spoke about, and doors were seemingly open wide for him to walk right into his calling, it may not be God's right timing. God can always speak first, but it doesn't mean it is supposed to happen immediately. There is still an element of time.

It is so true. I remember God spoke to me many years ago about becoming a full time staff in church doing admin. Ever since I accepted Christ when I was 12 years old, it has been something that I hold close to my heart. When I was offered a position in my previous church to be a staff handling admin matters, I really struggled. Because I kept thinking to myself, this was what God spoke to me about. But how come it seemed that the closer I step towards it, the less peace & assurance I felt in my heart. I questioned myself many times during then was it because I heard wrongly, or was it because I was being rebellious that I did not want to accept God's calling in my life. In the end, I rejected the offer. Not long after that, God spoke again and I was brought to CHC.

Yet another time in CHC, I was also offered a position as a zone secretary in church for another Pastor in another zone in church. In my heart, I wished I could get the position. Yet, I also had apprehension because I had to start from scratch to get to know the leaders from that zone which I do not belong to. I had to get to know how the Pastor works. And even though I was only required to handle the admin of that zone, it was afterall a different direction & vision from the zone I belong to. In the end, I didn't get it as well. I was disappointed, but yet also relieved at the same time.

Now as I think back about those things, I thank God in my heart. God is a God who directs our paths. Even though I did not understand why I didn't walk right into the calling of God even though I knew and I knew it was God's calling upon my life, I continued to believe that once God calls, it will happen, just not sure when. True enough, I am now employed to work as a zone secretary in CHC for my own zone for my own pastor. God had the best plan in mind. He fulfilled His calling upon my life in the best possible manner. If I had insisted on taking on the first offer in my previous job just because I insist that it was God's calling in my life and any possible opening should be it, I would not be where I am today, so happy serving God.

Jesus is an amazing God.

Comments

Popular Posts