The Secret Really Lies in Love

All things stem out of this thing called 'Love'. If we have love, we can accomplish many things. Without love, we are nothing. Even the things we do become nothing and meaningless. What is the reason behind the things we do everyday, I ask myself. Is it to fulfill some responsibility or to fit into a mould that says 'A Good Christian'?

I realised how true this principle is recently. If I do not love my husband, I cannot do what I should do as a wife - to obey him, serve him, honour him. If I do not love my leaders, I cannot follow their vision and love them and serve them. If I do not love my members, I cannot meet their needs and help them grow in their areas of strengths. If I do not love my fellow CG Leaders, I cannot be a friend in time of need and be a pillar of strength and encouragement to them.

Can we command love to happen? I doubt so. It is something of the heart. It must come from the heart and automatically. If we do not have the love for something or somebody, we just don't have it. It's not something we can force it upon ourselves, or when someone reminds us, we catch it. We got to check our hearts constantly to see if it's still pumping with love. Or has it gone quite dead?

It's a grieving thing if we cannot love. Especially as leaders, we can easily be caught in a rut of doing the same old thing over and over again without love. The devil knows though, that if he can get us to forget the secret of love, we will become powerless and disunited. The unity that we guard so fervently will go out of hand.

I realised.

That love is the binding force and the motivating factor to do more than what is required, what is politically correct, what is safe and within boundaries. That is why Jesus was able to do what He did on the cross. If not for love, it cannot be accomplished.

If we have love, we will know what to do. We will stop making mistakes. We will know what our leaders want. We will know what our family members need. We will know what our fellow co-workers require. If we have love, we will be able to do the right thing at the right time.

If we do not have love, what else can we do?

Are we contented to just be people who go through motion? Not really putting our heart into doing what we are supposed to do, and just put in the bare minimum effort in order not to be scolded? I think not. I for one, don't want to become someone like that. I want to put in my best in everything I do. Even when I don't understand why, I want to do my best. I feel at the end of the day, if I cannot even face up to myself for the things I have done, I cannot be accountable to others. Of course, my best may not be the standard 'best'. But the most important thing is that I have not let myself down, let God down, let those who love me down. That's the most important, isn't it?

Let love be the force behind everything we do, shall we?

Comments

Isabel said…
Dear Sis Kless,
Thanks for taking time to talk to me even when u have other things to do, and for believing in me and for loving me for who i am, with all my flaws and all..thank you for your love :)
Sis kless, u're so right. Especially talking about evangelism..... if u don't love that friend, everything will seem very unnatural and not enjoyable fellowship session together.

Popular Posts