An Armourbearer

I have been reading a great devotional everyday at home these days called "God's Armourbearer". Isaiah bought the book after Pst Chee Kiang introduced it to him and I happened to pick it up one morning. The things inside really blew my mind.

Who is an armourbearer? He or she is someone called to serve & help leaders so that their vision in God can come to pass. It sounds so simple, yet what it requires of the armourbearer is really much more. Just reading the 1st few pages already gave me new revelations like never before.

The author mentioned in the book that he believes that God has prepared an armourbearer for every leader, and nobody can really become an effective leader without first serving as an armourbearer to another leader. An armourbearer must be a confidante, friend, servant and follower of his leader. One who can communicate his leader's motives and ideas to the rest of the people. He must represent his leader and intercede for him in every situation. He must love his leader with all his heart and determine to do everything it takes to help his leader.

There is indeed such a calling as an armourbearer. Some people want to take shortcuts and are unwilling to serve their leaders first. It is not possible. Because to lead someone, we need to be a follower first.

As I read about the qualities of a good armourbearer whom a leader can totally depend on and rely on, I examine my own actions and behaviors. There were some qualities I believe I have as I serve Pst Lillian, but there were many other areas I definitely need to improve upon. Although Pst Lillian tells me often that I am a blessing to her, I know I need to grow much much more so that I can be an even better help to her. Instead of being someone she needs to minister to, I must be a strong Christian who hears from the Lord and can support her vision. Serving my leader is a way of ministering to the Lord as well.

I am reminded of a good armourbearer in our midst. Bro Lim Fei is definitely serving as an armourbearer to Pst Lillian. He shares her burdens, gives his opinions, assists her in many areas and communicates her thoughts and concerns to the rest of the leaders in the zone. He represents her well all the time and is able to explain her behaviors and actions to the rest of the people because he knows her well enough to know her heart. I must really learn from Bro Fei.

Do you desire to be a leader one day? If so, start by becoming an armourbearer to a great leader today.

Comments

sis kless, this article is so close to my heart. Really inspired me a lot.
Mummy Kless said…
dear xiaowei, if U desire to be a leader one day & be used by God to minister to other people in this kingdom, start by asking God to give u opportunities to serve bro ziwei! God can and wants to use u. I truly believe that. :)
Anonymous said…
You forgot Andrew Jackson’s Big Block of Cheese with nary a macaroni in sight.

Popular Posts