What I Like

Many of you may not know this, but one of the passions in my life is interior design. Not that I am good at designing houses or drawing architectural drawings, but I just love to look at photos of beautiful homes, interior decor and even buildings. I find them especially intriguing. The designs, colours, layout, furnitures, painting, etc etc.

One of my favourite pastimes is to surf design websites to look at different interior designs of homes and tips on home decoration. (If you are also like me, maybe you want to take a look at BBC's website on design http://www.bbc.co.uk/homes/) The only section I will linger in a bookshop is the section on home decor. If I can, I would love to buy every single home decoration magazine. Whenever I pass by bunglows or condos, I will stare at every detail of the building and try to steal a peek into the interiors. My fav channel on SCV is Ch 16-Travel & Living, especially when they show extraordinary houses, hotels and vacation homes all over the world. My fav store in Singapore is Ikea and I can just soak myself inside the whole day.

Isaiah once told me before that if he doesn't have a family or any commitments, he'd love to travel the world as a professional photographer because that's his passion. For me, I would love to travel the world just to look at buildings and architectures that are just simply amazing. I don't know why, but I just feel very very happy admiring the different design work and interior decor of lovely homes. Afterwards, I will usually be filled with hopes & inspiration of transforming my own home into something so nice as well, but immediately snap back to reality that it's really not practical, financially and realistically-speaking. But still, it's nice to dwell in that kind of dream sometimes. : )

I think it's so important to have something we really like to do. It can become a sanctuary that we retreat to whenever we feel bored, discouraged or upset. It's sort of like a place that we can escape to and know that after spending some time in it, we will feel better somehow. It not only takes our attention away from the troubling things in our lives, it also reminds us that there're still good things out there for us to appreciate. I'd like to think that it's God's way of keeping us going. I know of friends who like shopping, making small handicrafts, making cards, knitting and all kinds of other things. In my opinion, everyone should have something that they enjoy doing.

What is it that you like to do? Care to share with me? : )

Comments

@ster|x said…
i love to sleep. does that count? =)
Mummy Kless said…
*sigh* can lah can lah..
Mummy Kless said…
xx, how can it just be a dream to go travel in new zealand? Just save up and I am sure you can go there one day! :)

Popular Posts