An Early Start

It's a bright & cheery morning! I woke up slightly earlier today because joey woke up at 6.30am crying for milk. But naughty her fell asleep after drinking only half of her milk so I put her back to her cot only to have her waking up again 15 minutes later for milk again! And after that she decided to poo and play with me (both things done consecutively & not concurrently, if that's what you are wondering), so you can imagine how fully awake I am by then. So I decided to wake up to do some work.

After a solid 2 months' break, I sent out my 1st mass sms to my leaders! Haha.. I must say the responses are very overwhelming indeed. Alot of 'welcome back!' and 'We miss you!'.. (Bro Tristan, if U are reading this, I must say your sms is one of the mOsT hEarTwarMing.. *tears almost came out* wahahaha..) So it's a good start for me. Even though I had to collect information early in the morning, I feel so energetic! Oh man, I think like what Lixia calls me, I am really a workaholic by nature. Sure, there're times I wish I could just lobo and do nothing at all and be a housewife. But, yet I enjoy my work so much that whenever I am working, I feel bursting with energy! This is LIFE, man! :)

Anyway, later on i'll be bringing joey for gai-gai.. we borrowed my dad's car and we're meeting up with both our brothers and some other friends to go walk walk. No programme as of now, but I guess we'll just drive around or maybe stop at Arab street for a cuppa of coffee or visit some flea markets for some interesting buys. hee.. This is ALSO LIFE, man! :)

Oh my, I am so pumped up today. Must be the spirit of the Emerge Conference.

I really feel that our Emerge Conference is going from glory to glory. It's a pity I was not involved in the organising or the preparation of the conference, cos it's really something I like to do - to plan and organise conferences and events. I used to do that in CNB for almost 4 years and I enjoyed myself tremendously. I missed the organising last year cos I wasn't a staff yet and this year, I was pregnant so couldn't be involved. Hopefully, next year I would be asked to do something!!! Although it's physically & mentally very very tired & stressful for the organising committee, I think the satisfaction comes from knowing that the members enjoyed themselves and there was a strong presence of God that moved the whole church to the next level. I want to be involved next year!!

Coming back to the Conference, I was in the nursery during the service and even inside the nursery, the presence of God was so strong. (Mind you, we're talking about 15-20 babies who may be wailing & laughing all at the same time. Not forgetting the same number of mummies trying to do funny things to calm their babies down.) And I really meant 'very strong' because just singing the first sentence of the worship song, I already felt like crying. And a second ago, I was just playing with joey!

Indeed, the presence of God is pulled down by the hunger of the people. After 3 days of the conference, the hearts of the people have already been pumped up so much that they are just hungering more & more from God. And where will God be if not in the midst of a congregation of people who loves Him and wants Him so much? The atmosphere was literally so thick that even breathing requires effort.

Oh, by the way, I am so proud of my member (oh well, ex-member for that matter), Alice, who played such a big part in Parade Of Schools and her West Cluster came in 2nd overall!!! Wee!

I think everyone in City Harvest Church has yet again emerged to another level of breakthrough. Praise God! :)

Comments

Popular Posts