He is Our Sanctuary

Had a great CG meeting last night. Even though I was shuttling in and out of the bedroom because baby joey was sleeping inside the room and once in a while she will cry and I got to rush in to see her. But though I couldn't be sitting in the meeting from beginning to the end, I thank God that He showed up in our midst. It was a good meeting, I feel. Because the presence of God was strong.

I believe God has a special word and revelation for us individually and as a CG at every CG meeting. Last night, I felt God impress upon my heart that He is our sanctuary.

We're living in a world that's not pure. It's filled with too many things good and bad. And much as we may desire, we cannot choose to live in a world where we can be completely soaked in God's presence and joy every single second of the day. But God reminded us last night that He is our sanctuary and there is a place we can always go back to to draw strength and joy and peace. We can get so tired, weary and frustrated outside, but once we come back to that secret place everyday, we will be refreshed and renewed to face the world again.

And that's so important. We cannot neglect our quiet time with God. Because this is really the only time in the day when we can allow ourselves to be submerged in the presence of God and be so intimate with Him. During CG meetings & services, we can also do that. But it's during quiet time when we can really establish an intimate relationship with Him.

Frankly speaking as a CGL, during CG meetings, it's hard for me to really just concentrate on drawing near to God because there're many things I am concentrating on at the same time - hearing from the Holy Spirit, observing whether my members are getting into the presence, which verse to sing next, should I sing chorus or verse, or change song, or sing in the spirit.. hahaha.. I enjoy myself too, but so busy..

But truly, there is a secret place that only God and I know between ourselves. And everyone needs to get back to that place everyday so that we do not get burned out or lose the fire. And I really believe that God wants to establish a special sanctuary with everyone in my CG so that we can become really strong men and women of God who draw on His strength and anointing everyday.

Maybe you think only leaders need anointing from God. I totally overturn that statement. Every single believer needs anointing from God. Anointing to speak the right words, to make the right decisions, to invite the right friends to church, to give the right assistance to our leaders at the right time... we need the anointing of God in every aspect of our lives.

Ask for His anointing in the sanctuary today.

Comments

Popular Posts