Into A New Life

I pondered for very long infront of my laptop as I thought about how to start off this entry. It's not so easy afterall. But I guess we all have to move on and look forward to a more exciting new life ahead of us.

I talked to Pst Lillian 2 weeks ago about my desire to co-lead a cell group together with isaiah. There are many reasons why I wanted to do it. First of all, I knew God had called me to be a leader but deep in my heart, I've always wanted to lead a group with Isaiah instead of taking one all by myself. And it was during one of the pastoral meetings a few months ago that Pst Derek talked about how it's best for husband and wife to co-lead because God will use them mightily as a team. Then again, of course there are many many examples of husbands and wives who decide to lead separately because God has spoken clearly to them on it. And Pst Derek's wife, Sis Susan is one of them. It was during that period of time that I was thinking about co-leading and I felt that God was confirming that desire in my heart.

So I finally asked Pst Lillian if it's alright for me to step down as a full fledged CGL and co-lead. In my heart, I still have the passion to see people rising up under my discipleship and I find it a great joy to see them doing great things for God. So to completely step down as a leader would be devastating for me. And I thank God that Pst Lillian was very ok with the idea as long as I felt it was what I wanted to do. The decision was made 2 days ago for my CG and Isaiah's CG to combine, retaining only the name of E335, and I also sent out some people to the other CGs in the zone.

Frankly speaking, it was a tough decision to decide who to send out. How good it is if I could keep everyone. But I got to think for the welfare of the zone and the members' individual growth. So, critical decisions got to be made. I made changes again and again until I felt really at ease with the final arrangement.

The only thing I felt bad about was letting my members know about it so last minute. Really sorry guys. I hope it didn't come as too bad a shock for those of you being sent out. Yet, I knew in my heart that everyone of you are flexible enough to move out of a comfort zone into something new. The people whom I am sending out are those I believe are able to inject new life into the CGs they are going to. Thank you so much for your understanding and willingness to move when I told you about it.

As for those staying with me, I have my reasons too and you will know it when we start our new CG next week. Haha. Well, I already said, if you have major objections about this arrangement and would like me to send you out far away from me, just talk to me. (if you dare.. ok.. ok just joking.. haha..)

From this CG, I have sent out Tristan & Estee who are dear friends to me and Tristan has become a good leader and running the race together with the zone. Geraldine has also been sent out to the Children Church to pursue her high calling as a teacher. I thank God that this is the place you encountered your breakthrough into the next level of your walk with God.

I feel happy about this whole thing. N252 has been my 1st and only CG ever since I became a CGL. In this CG, God has taught me many many things. Through the ups & downs of the CG, seeing people join us, seeing some leave, seeing the disagreements and moments of unity among the members, seeing my helpers coming together for the sake of the CG.. etc etc.. God has shown me so much in the area of leadership and managing people and meeting their needs. And even though N252 has disbanded in name, I believe I am sending out people who are vastly different from the beginning. And it's so true because as I look back, my members have really all grown in spiritual life and in stature. And it will continue to be so.

To Gary & Meiling
Both of you have been a tremendous help to me and I am thankful to God for you. Gary, I think you have grown since the time I took over the CG. From a somewhat meek and reactive person, you have become a much bolder helper now. And your demonstration of initiativeness amaze me. Like I told you many times before, I believe in you and your calling to be a cell group leader. You have what it takes because you love the members and are willing to go the extra mile to meet their needs. That's really the most important thing. Keep the fire and desire going and I know your day will come really soon. Meiling, your admin support to me in this CG really frees me up to do many other things. Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.
To Sabie
You're a constant comfort & encouragement to me, from the beginning till now. You have a teachable and gentle spirit, and that makes it a joy to disciple you. Every time I talk to you and tell you something, I know for sure that you will consider it over & over in your heart and make it a point to remember it. Thank you for having that kind of trust in me. Many people will listen to their leaders but may not follow what they say. You're one of those who will really do it because you trust in the leadership. And that's so important because God can only use a pliable heart. You're possibly the only one who can minister and talk to everyone in the CG and new friends who come because you have such a good heart. Thank you for flowing with me during praise & worship. Your presence in the CG has blessed me tremendously.
To Yuhao
I must say that you have grown much since the first day I knew you. From someone who's always just jumping around and making jokes, to a member who's committed to God, to church and serving actively in Children's Church, I can only say I am very proud of you. Despite parental objections and oppositions, you still persevere and carry on. I know it's not easy for you, but I want to encourage you that if you keep that desire to want to know God more in this church, God will move mountains just so that you can come to church and CG every week. Thank you for being someone I can entrust tasks with and know that they will be done well. Keep your passion going strong, brother. Don't ever let the things of this world choke up that fire.
To Alice
Alice dear, you have always been an encouragement to me personally. I remember vividly the first time I saw you at the altar call during Easter service last year. When I saw your tears of repentance, I was deeply touched in my heart and I told God that this is truly a heart that has been turned around. Never did I know that God has prepared and sent you into this CG. It was really divine. And your presence in this CG has brought tremendous joy. Now you are serving in the Children's Church and is even the star of the Parade of Schools in Emerge Conference! wow.. God is really amazing. Keep the faith going, my dear. Unhappy things will always happen in life, but it's how you want to face them and overcome them in joy. :)
To Whai Lin
You're one of those members I know will be faithful to attend CG & service every week. It is your simple faith and faithfulness that stood out every time. Even though you may not be a dynamic Christian who's always saying what great things you want to do for God, you have a very pure heart to want to know God more and what He wants to do in your life. Once in a while, you will pop out a sentence, "I have faith that God will come through for me and give me the best." and I will be wow-ed by your trust in Him. You're not a loud person, but the way you show your love for me and for the rest of the members in a subtle way impresses me. Be open to greater things coming your way and I believe you will have a new breakthrough in the way you see God.

Thank you guys. It's been a wonderful journey with you around. Remember, our friendships have not ended. We just moved on to something more significant. You will always have a special place in my heart.

Comments

Ng Yashi said…
sis kless..sobzz..i am so sad to read this entry..becoz truly thou i havent been in n252 for a while..i have always called n252 my mother cg..and u r my most respected leader.i really enjoyed joining u and the cg for outings even though me and tris have multiplied out. I always feel so at home with u and the rest.Before u came along, i have felt tt being under female leaders can be difficult. But u changed all that. I would greatly miss your dynamic JOY!!!!!!!! I mean your joy is infectious man. And your discernment and humbleness. I am so sure everyone who is multiplying out would miss u so much ....haha i miss u so much too!! i really do......
Mummy Kless said…
aiyoh.. estee, what u wrote makes me want to cry, man.. You dunno how much encouragement your words always bring me. Thank you for being a good fren who believes in me & what I do. It's people like u who always makes me feel that everything is worth it when it feel so tough. :)

Popular Posts