I Love Being Married

Whenever someone tells me he or she has no intention to get married, I always encourage them to think twice again. Because I really think that getting married is a very good thing. I have been married for close to 3 years now, and I enjoy every minute of it. I would always feel like crying during holy matrimonies because I know it's the start of a happy life for my friends.

The most significant thing is of course the freedom part. Not just the 'I-can-reach-home-at-whatever-time-I-want', but more so emotionally. When I was still single, there were many things that were 'No-no', many things that cannot be done, many things that I am at no liberty to do. After I got married, I felt such a strong sense of liberty that it's hard to put them into words.

And of course, the happiest thing is to be able to go home together with isaiah. No longer do we need to have 'teary farewells' at MRT stations, or the 'sian-ness' when he could not send me home because it's too late and if he did, he would miss his last train home, etc etc. Now, everywhere we go, we leave the house together and come home together. This is such a blissful thing.

Being married also makes me a better person. I used to be very untidy and messy. Now also like that (haha!) but at least I make effort to be more organised and tidy because I am living with someone else. On top of that, my temperament and character is also being moulded everyday by this person I call husband. Sometimes it's painful, but i thank God for a Godly husband who makes me a better person inside and out. Without him, I would not be who I am today.

My husband is not really a romantic person, or so he claims all the time. But he makes effort to do small little things for me that always makes my heart warm.

He would suddenly sms me a 'I love you' in the middle of the day. He would see something nice at a store and buy it for me because he wants to see the smile on my face. He would sms me in the middle of a concert and ask me which song I want to hear, so that he can call me during that time and I can listen to it over the phone. He would leave small notes on the wall and on my laptop just to surprise me (or shock me sometimes.. Hahaha). This is what a marriage can bring - a soulmate who spices up the otherwise boring life.

There is just a sense of bliss and happiness when you are married. That is why I always encourage people to get married. Unless you heard from God specifically to stay single, otherwise, please get married! You will enjoy this new found life. :)

Comments

Ng Yashi said…
wah...call u when yer fav song comes along..thats the sweetest thing i ever heard..haha he is romantic man..thou he claims not.hee...A good godly,romantic husband who makes effort to surprise his wife ! God is good to you! :)

Popular Posts