Initiativeness is a Virtue

I am beginning to appreciate initiativeness much more now. I always knew it was a good trait. But now, I really think it's a virtue.

I am very blessed to have members in my cell group who really know how to take initiative. Imagine how 'vomit blood' it would be to have to constantly tell the helpers and the members what to do. To have helpers who really help by thinking for the cell group and for the leaders makes you feel that the burden is shared and you're not alone. (And all the CGLs say 'AMEN'.)

I've been very impressed with Kristie aka Laiyin when I first knew her, because of her sharpness and initiativeness. She looks out for the needs of her leaders and is quick to respond. Just a few CG meetings with her so far, I already feel that she's been such a tremendous help, always asking whether I need something, bringing me tissues, cushions all at the right time. :)

Xiaoxuan is another sister who has brought me much joy because of the little things she does. She is one sister who will always nod her head at you sharing your joy and pain during testimony time. She is one who will listen intently and encourage. And the smses she sent out to the CG members to get them to pray for the confirmed friends coming this weekend and for members who are not feeling well.. oh man, this sister is such a God-send.

Someone who is able to take initiative is someone who bothers to think. Because taking initiative is not something that comes easily. It requires effort and some forms of analysis. That is why people who lacks initiative are always waiting for others to tell them what to do.

People who takes initiative are always a notch above others. Because they are problem-solvers and solution-finders. They do not get stuck in a place simply because things did not work out the way it was originally intended to be. The result? Effectiveness and Productivity.

I can't over-emphasize how important it is for people to take initiative, especially helpers to leaders. Helpers are to help. Not to be helped. Of course we are not saying that helpers should be left to survive and cope on their own. But their primary calling before they become a leader themselves one day is to HELP THEIR LEADERS. And the best way is to think for your leaders and take initiative.

Take initiative to pray for the CG. Take initiative to think of ways to grow the CG. Take initiative to reach out to the members and minister to their needs. Take initiative to relieve the burden of your leaders. This virtue could well be the main ingredient to speed up your destiny - to rise up for God in a great way.

I think I am so blessed because I've always been given good helpers like that in my CG no matter which CG I move to. In the previous N252, I had Gary, Meiling, Sabie & Bel who were all solid helpers. Before Tris and Estee were multiplied, they were people with great initiative too. Now in the new N252, I have great people like Kristie and Xiaoxuan. Not forgetting my super first class guitarist Gerald, who makes Isaiah and I the envy of many other leaders. Wahaha. God is really good.

Comments

oh sis kless....... xuan's gotta fly very high tonight!!!
Mummy Kless said…
Haha... i'm only saying how I really feel..
Kristie Wong said…
wow... sis kless.....u make my day! Love ya!!! Muacks! Hope to have more opportunities to serve you and Brother Isaiah . :-)

Popular Posts