We Went Pak Tor

Last night Isaiah & I finally went pak tor. It's not the first time we went out alone without joey, but this is almost the first time that we went out not to run an errand or to buy something. We arranged to go for dinner & a movie, just to unwind and spend time together. So Joey was left with my mum in law while we left happily for a 9.30pm show.

It felt so relaxing to be able to go out without a large bag of diapers and milk powder and constantly on alert mode for joey. Of course we love to bring joey out, but sometimes we do need time to relax. Books say that at baby's 3-month mark, the parents should start to date again. Hehe..

We had a relaxing dinner while chatting about many things. Nothing much, just casual talk and chit chat. Then we went to watch 'Pirates of the Carribean'. What a fanta-bulous movie! First of all, with hunks like Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom, my eyes nearly popped out during the show itself. Not forgetting I am sitting next to a hunk too. (That's my husband Isaiah if U dun get my hint.) And the special effects and storyline totally blew me off my seat! The only thing I dislike about the story is that Elizabeth actually found herself falling in love with Jack Sparrow!! Sigh.. where must have such an undesirable twist in the story??!

And mind you, this is my first movie in like........ 6 months! I still remembered the last time I went for a movie, I felt so uncomfortable because my pregnant tummy felt like it's stuck in the seat!

The show was so funny that we kept laughing and laughing. Especially at the facial expressions of Jack Sparrow. Hahaha... he is really one funny character in the show. We were enjoying ourselves so much that in the middle of the show, Isaiah actually made a comment, 'Who cares about joey now??' hahaha... joking of course lah! Dun throw stones at us! We're afterall still human. Heee...

Seriously speaking, I think a couple must make effort to spend quality time with each other, especially after having a baby. Because a new life & addition to the family takes up so much energy that sometimes we just slip into a routine in life. And routine is predictable and safe, but really nothing exciting and fun. And really, it takes effort to come out of a routine to do something nice together. Even though we are both super tired after a long day at work, still the effort has to be made. Turned out we enjoyed ourselves very much!

Finally we reached home past midnight. Joey was already fast asleep. And I woke her up to have her milk before popping her back to sleep again. I think Joey must be angry that we left her at home while we go out and play that she decided to punish me by waking up at 4am for her milk again. When was the last time she woke up in the middle of the night???!! yawnnnnnn...

Comments

Popular Posts