The Strength of God

Nowadays I have been feeling physically & mentally tired. I am not burned out, for sure. Just very tired because of the heavy workload and lack of proper rest. Have not been sleeping well at night because of Joey. I think it's her itchy gums, so she has been turning & tossing the whole night for the past few nights. Got to get up now & then to pat her. And my own gum has gotten an infection, which caused my entire head & face to be in bad pain almost 24 hrs a day. I still remember 2 nights ago, I was woken up by such a bad pain in my gum & teeth that I had to swallow 2 panadol & squat against the wall crying & praying for the pain to go away.

I keep reminding myself that in everything I do, I have to depend on the strength of the Lord. Be it easy or difficult, I got to rely on Him to pull me through. I need His supernatural empowerment & strength to do the things I need to do. And it makes me feel better that I am not doing this alone, but in partnership with God.

Nothing is really easy in life. Each time I conquer a level of faith & capacity, God adds to me even more so that I keep moving on & expanding. Each time I thought things are going to be easy, God gives a new task & responsibility so that I will have continued breakthroughs. Come to think of it, if anything is ever easy, God doesn't need me to do it. Because I am called to do GREAT THINGS.

And it makes me ponder upon the strength of God. Of course, I can never truly explain in full measure the entire strength of God, because He is just very very strong & powerful. He is like a neverending pool & reservoir of strength that I can tap on for eternity & still there is infinity in His resources.

Didn't the song go, 'Let the weak say I am strong.. let the poor say I am rich..'? What does it really mean? It means even when I am weak, I must declare that I am strong. Even when I am poor, I must declare that I am rich. This is the kind of attitude that God wants us to have - speak life into our seemingly-impossible situation. Take the step of faith out, then the breakthrough will come. Walking on water requires us to first lift up our feet & step into the water. Otherwise, we will never know if we can walk on water.

I just love it that our God is a God who is filled with possibilities & hope. He is not a God who talks about the difficult, the impossible and the cannot-be-done. He is One who speaks things into existence and brings forth miracles & breakthroughs just by the Word of His mouth. Wonderful Creator He is.

May the strength of the Lord continue to guide me & lift me up.
I am strong! I am strong! I am strong!

Comments

Isabel said…
Will keep u in prayer, sis kless...u r a STRONG woman, n because of God, u will be an even STRONGER person still

Popular Posts