Office Atmosphere

That day when Isabel came to church office to help me with some stuffs, she commented that the church office is very different from her office because her own office is really quiet & people just do their own things at their own cubicles. I guess a church office is really quite different from normal offices. First of all, people generally talk across their cubicles to one another, especially the Children Church department. And we use ALOT of msn in our work. We send mass msn messages to remind deadlines, to call for a meeting, to chat, etc. So I guess it's not quite like other offices.

I've worked in other offices before I became a church staff, so I have to agree that indeed our church office is quite unique. One moment, we may hear people giving bible studies. The next moment, another group may be having prayer focus. And the next, someone may e practising their guitar for their CG meeting. With members coming by our office all the time, the church office is never really quiet except in the mornings.

I enjoy working in the church office very much. It's the atmospere. I love the work I do. I love the pastors I serve. I love the people I work with. It is such a great privilege to be able to enjoy the work I do, fully assured of the calling upon my life. Everyday I look forward to going to work because I feel happy about it. It is a great feeling, because there had been many parts of my past working life that I felt like dying just thinking about going to work everyday. It is a miserable thought.

The zone secretaries are a bunch of fun people. We work hard. We share burdens. We complain to one another. We encourage each other. We whine & sigh together when there are urgent deadlines to meet. We console each other when we had bad days with our CGLs. Haha.. I thank God for this group of colleagues in the office because they understand what I go through in my work. And boy, it's fun to have them in the same office.

Look at this really funny photo we took together. We wanted to have a really 'stern look' photo. I tell you, we were all trying hard not to laugh!!

Oh gosh.. I really enjoy being a church staff!!! =P

Comments

monday morning........ saw Pastor Derek's photo....... felt very happy! hahahhaha....
Isabel said…
u all look so 'cool' in e photos..hee..anyway saw ur previous entry too..really glad to be able to help u out n it was an eye-opener to me too..to catch a glimpse of what goes on in the heart of e church..thanks for the opportunity sis kless :)
Lynnette said…
wah .. i didn't know that you guys so "attitude" one huh??? so photogenic!!!

should give the models out there a run for their money .. mauahhahaha!!!

yeah.. CCH department is the most "vibrant".. with Anson Ang.. Connie Yong.. how not to be quiet????

Popular Posts