Don't Let Your Guard Down

It is really easy to become complacent because complaency is comfortable and effortless. The scary thing about complacency is that it affects our thinking and makes things that seemed unacceptable in the past look okay now. It clouds our minds and makes everything seem blurry.

You know how it is.. we usually see people go through knotty situations in their lives and we think to ourselves that it can NEVER happen to us.When other people make a certain mistake, we always 'condemn' them in our hearts, thinking to ourselves, "aiyo, why did he do such a thing? That's so terrible. I will never make a mistake like that!"

As I grow older, I realised that I must never say NEVER because as a human being with weaknesses, I am not exempted in any way, from trials and temptations. What I see people go through today may well be a major hurdle in my life tomorrow. Instead of becoming complacent in my heart thinking that I will not be as weak as my friends, I might as well take it as a lesson learnt and as a reminder to myself never to fall into such a situation.

People stuck in a situation are blind & deaf. They cannot see or hear the negative things in the situations. Their minds and thinking are warped and they cannot make rational decisions. Their choices become loopsided and they start to think up excuses and reasons to explain why certain rules can be bended or broken because they don't make sense anymore, or become something of greater significance has overtaken it.

The devil is not stupid. He will only strike when our guards are down. That's when he can ensure a 100% hit. That's why, while it takes conscious effort to keep our hearts guarded all the time, it's still important to do it. Afterall, none of us are free from temptations and trials. The crux of the issue is whether we are able to stand firm and strong when everything else seem uncertain. In the midst of it, God always shows His faithfulness. One thing about God is that He never gives up on us, and it is often His faithfulness that pulls us out of the darkness of a situation.

Many points in my life, I've managed to hold on because God reminds me of His faithfulness that will never end. Even though there are many times I 'rejected' Him, or refused to listen to Him, He still holds tight to me so that I will not fall away completely. Often, I thought about my life & cannot imagine why I deserve such goodness & faithfulness from God. Truly, I will not be who I am today without Him and His neverending love.

God is Good All The Time. :)

Comments

Popular Posts